Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Your Favourite Transformers Series...And Why?

Options
  • 29-08-2007 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Ive always wanted people on this boards opinion on the matter. I consider the best series to be the original Generation One, mainly because of the nostalgia i get in watching it, and also because I think the storylines are extremely well written in terms of childrens cartoons and mainstream animation in general these days.

While 98 episodes was a fair bit, I would have loved to see more in this original setting, especially with the Rebirth opening up a lot more potential (which was explored in Japan, but sadly, not here)

Coming in close second is Cybertron, mainly because of the appearance of most of my favourite characters from the original series, especially Starscream, Thundercracker and Soundwave.

What does anyone else think?

What is Your Favourite Animated Transformer Series of All Time? 15 votes

Generation 1 (84-87)
    0% 0 votes
    The Headmasters
    66% 10 votes
    Super God Masterforce
    0% 0 votes
    Beast Wars Neo
    0% 0 votes
    Victory Zone
    0% 0 votes
    Beast Wars
    0% 0 votes
    Beast Machines
    26% 4 votes
    Armada
    0% 0 votes
    Energon
    0% 0 votes
    Cybertron
    6% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

G1 and BW for sure, god knows why but I did enjoy Energon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

In order

1. BEast Wars: Great story, great characters, great action. Looks great, sounds great is great
    2. G1: I only saw it the year before last, but I love it THIIIIIIISSSSs much
    3. Victory: Good series, with my fav villian.
    4.Armada: Second half of the series is very good imo
    5. BWII: Good clean mad fun. Plus big pink dragon
    6. Cyb. same asMF ratingwise, but with Scourge
    7. RiD: who's the greatest shark around
    8. MF: I like it all inall
    9.HM: ok, but kinda iffy
    10. BM: As a stand a lone, ok, as a sequel awful.
    11.BWN: Just takes its self too seriously all in all
    12.Energon. awful. Just awful. Characterless zombies, all

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Beast wars- that and BM are the only series I can watch without the caveat "it's a cartoon for kids." I find G1 especially hard to watch tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Beast wars all the way. Only got into a few years back but is by far the supieror of the cartoon shows.
    Althou Cybertron in japanese was quite enjoyable as well.

Watch headmasters with the dub only while drunk or in need of having your ears bleed.

G1 is great to watch with a few buddies and rip the piss. Just like all the good 80's cartoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

I've only watched G1 and Cybertron. I'm from a 3rd world country. Please don't laugh at me.

Can I still get the rest on DVDs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

In this order:

1) Beast Wars
    2) Beast Machines
    3) Generation 1
    4) Generation 2 (:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Canonfan wrote:
    I've only watched G1 and Cybertron. I'm from a 3rd world country. Please don't laugh at me.

Can I still get the rest on DVDs?
    Most of the series can be gotten on DVD. Only one region two is really waiting on is Beast wars.
    Despite beast Machines getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Interestingly I found Beast Wars Season 2 Volume 2 on region 2 DVD once in Game Stop. That was the only time I've ever seen a DVD of Beast Wars.
    Are there any plans for Beast Machines Season 2?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

there was no transformers after G1!!!!

Advertisement