Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A/C system needs gassing

Options
  • 29-08-2007 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Looking for input / assistance

A/C in my car started acting up a couple of weeks back i.e. not working properly - had it looked at yesterday when the car was being serviced and was told that there's a leak in the system and it needs gassing.

Garage in question couldn't do it, so wondering if any members on here know of somewhere reputable I could go to get the problem seen to without foregoing this month's mortgage payments (if you get my drift !):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Maxwell motors do it for E120

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

On the off chance that you wouldn't want Maxwell touching your car, you could also try John Kenealy, on 087 2559706. He's cheaper too.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

used these guys, excellent, drained, gassed with dye, ran aircon, went over it with a fine tooth comb and an UV light, degassed, regassed.

http://www.autoair.ie/

€120 for the lot, took about an hour. Down outside dunshaughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

If there is a leak in the system it will need to be sorted first and will cost a bit more than the regassing fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Wishbone, would I not need it gassed with dye in the first instance to determine where the leak might be ?

Nialler, thanks for the recommendation - someone else told me about these guys but mentioned a €140 callout fee etc. - will be up that way next week so might try to call first and get the job done at their place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jrar wrote:
    Wishbone, would I not need it gassed with dye in the first instance to determine where the leak might be ?
    Yes - I meant that it would need to be gassed, leak sourced and repaired and then regassed or topped up again (to replace the leaked gas).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone used the diy kit the motor factos do? Are they any good? I assume all systems use a universal connection for regassing because the diy kit has a connection that looks like a bike pump.

Think they are around €65

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

€ 59 in Halfords with a free disinfectant thingy.

Advertisement