Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First years

Options
  • 29-08-2007 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭

Ok, I got accepted into Audio-Visual Media, Hurrah!
    :D
    I'm just a bit nervous since I don't know anyone... [I know everyone's pretty much in the same boat but...]
    Anyone else starting this year/ able to give me advice on how to calm my nerves!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

im startin marketing myself,dont worry about it man im sure it will be grand..its the same storey as when you start secondary school,nobody realy knows anybody but im sure after a couple of days of been in eachothers company it'l be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Ok, I got accepted into Audio-Visual Media, Hurrah!
    I'm just a bit nervous since I don't know anyone... [I know everyone's pretty much in the same boat but...]
    Anyone else starting this year/ able to give me advice on how to calm my nerves!?

Dont worry man audio visual is a great course, i should know, im in 4th year myself...which i think means i survived whatever horrors there were to get this far...and hey, ive had a blast

personally speaking youll be fine, and youll make lots of friends in your class, dont worry bout not knowing anyone...AV is a good bunch, within 2 weeks youll all know each other and itll be like you always did!best of luck!

p.s. prepare for the annual first year hazing

ah no, thats a joke, but seriously...dont take some of the 3rd or 4th years too seriously, they can wind people up riot sometimes. any other concerns or troubles feel free to drop me a pm or ask. u wont need any reference material, most of it is supplied via your printing costs (incl. in registration) so just relax and enjoy yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Thanks!
    I should be fine, it's not like I'm majorly shy or anything, it's just all very unfamiliar!
    And everyone I know will be hours away, but hey, I'm ready for it!
    *breathes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

has anyone got information on AV? start dates etc? coz i havnt got anything in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭pedroj

knowing ITT they'll send u out a letter which you only receive the day your meant to start :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Thanks!
    I should be fine, it's not like I'm majorly shy or anything, it's just all very unfamiliar!
    And everyone I know will be hours away, but hey, I'm ready for it!
    *breathes*

What do you look like young one? I need to know this so I have the advantage when we first meet. I will introduce you to everyone as "pikachucheeks". Lecturers, students, potential partners, local scumbags...

Like thundercracker said, don't take us too seriously. And stay away from the year above you, they're boring as shite. AV 3 and 4 are great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

anyone starting computer science this year? or know anything about the course??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lil_miss_perfec

:)
    i'm starting av also! i think registration is on friday!
    so i guess i'll see you there then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Zillah wrote:
    What do you look like young one? I need to know this so I have the advantage when we first meet. I will introduce you to everyone as "pikachucheeks". Lecturers, students, potential partners, local scumbags...

Hahaha!
    Well, since "pikachucheeks" is my myspace AND Bebo name, a few people in the college might already know me as that!
    If you want to know what I look like: www.myspace.com/pikachucheeks
    Voila.
    I've just handed you the opportunity to harrass me in college :(

As for these "local scumbags", I can just imagine it!
    "Here, Pikachucheeks! I'm gonna batter yaaaa!"
    Fun times for all, I say!

Advertisement