Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meat Hygiene

• 29-08-2007 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Never in this forum before so this might sound a mad question here! so sorry :o

Fried up mince on Monday evening, put in some sauce.

Used half of it with pasta. The other half I put in a plastic container and put in fridge. Was not home yesterday evening- so could not eat it.

Would it be ok to eat tonight???:confused: might have it with pasta if people think its ok, if not- will dump it
    :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

If it looks/smells ok I'd say it would be alright. But 48 hours is the max I'd go to-dump it if you don't eat it tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 TScul

I agree, I'd use it today as long as it looks/tastes fine, not sure about tomorrow. I think the guideline on leftovers is that as long as they are covered well and refrigerated as soon as cool then they should be ok for up to 3 days. Personally I'd usually go 2, but sometimes have a big pot of soup made and would use it over 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

If in doubt....throw it out....:) that what i usually say, its not worth getting sick from spoiled food, especially uncooked meat. the airtight ziplock bags are great for keeping stuff like that "fresh".

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

If you're going to use it, the main thing is to make sure you reheat it thoroughly. The whole thing must reach at least 72 degrees, that's the magic temperature for killing off bacteria. To be sure of this heat it to simmering point and hold it there for a few minutes. Half-heating it is the quickest way to get sick.

Advertisement