Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike size do i need?

Options
  • 29-08-2007 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

hey folks,

bike got robbed couple of weeks ago (awwwwwe!)

but im buying a new one (yaaaaay!)

giant scr4.0

best price ive found is from wiggle.co.uk but i dont know what frame size i am.

they only post ''large'' ''x-large'' etc
    im definitely a large or extra large as im 6'3''and have about a 34'' inside leg (more than 33'' less than 35'' anyway)

oh and i dont know if its a sloping or classic frame, but its the giant scr4.0!

so if anybody knows what size d giant frames are or what size frame im lookin for (preferably both!),

id be very grateful!

thanks for your time guys and gals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

figs86 wrote:
    hey folks,

bike got robbed couple of weeks ago (awwwwwe!)

but im buying a new one (yaaaaay!)

giant scr4.0

best price ive found is from wiggle.co.uk but i dont know what frame size i am.

they only post ''large'' ''x-large'' etc
    im definitely a large or extra large as im 6'3''and have about a 34'' inside leg (more than 33'' less than 35'' anyway)

oh and i dont know if its a sloping or classic frame, but its the giant scr4.0!

so if anybody knows what size d giant frames are or what size frame im lookin for (preferably both!),

id be very grateful!

thanks for your time guys and gals

Off topic i'm afraid, but what does the SCR 4.0 come to on wiggle? My friend was looking at getting one only yesterday and I meant to check but wiggle's blocked in work so i can't check.

I'm 6ft even and i got a Medium Focus Variado (classic frame) from Wiggle about 6 weeks ago. I've a 32.5" inseam-so i'd say the large would be the one for you. I think the scr is a classic frame although i'm not certain. Other lads on here know much more than i do, so they'll help ya out more than me!

Sorry to hear about the stolen one btw, that always sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭figs86

its 315 sterling = 464 euro and then another 20 for delivery so 484euro in total i believe.

the only price ive ever seen in ireland is 539e so saving of 55euro odd

and its delivered to your door!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Have a sneaky play with one for size in your nearest Giant stockist. Yay why not just look in the Yellow pages for Giant stockists and phone the guys in the shop asking what size you think would best suit you. Easy peezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

just a note to remember guys, the new season of giant bikes ie 2008 models are coming out soon (4-6 weeks), they are out in US at the moment, and can be seen on USA giant website....so giant bikes may become cheaper if you wait a while until or before they come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

The size always depends on the model and of course the type of bike (ie: road bike, tri-bike, bmx etc)

if you need sizes based on your height here is a great site

http://www.tredz.co.uk/sizing.aspx

its got all the sizes for basically all types of bikes. hope that helps! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

I always take the front wheel with me and its never touched, a bike in saleable nick equals drugs/drink. My bike is 2000 euros and in 4 years it has never been touched . Its a Condor Squadra so its quite desirable but as its a racer no one wants it. Im 6 foot three aswell and fit well to a 60cm frame.If any online company cant inform you of the correct size for you maybe you should be shopping somewhere else. If the shops any good they will match online prices . I know this as Cliff Mulhearn has said he would . He owns the joint on the quays in Dublin 200 yards from Oconnel st and it seems to be totally stocked especially for the racing scene.

Advertisement