Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Applying for the test online.

Options
  • 29-08-2007 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

I applied for my provisional drivers license online and I received the confirmation letter but there are things I want to ask about.

1. The test I registered for is the BW test (cars,tractors and work vehicles) I just wanted to sign up to take the class B test. I chose to register for this test as it was the only test out of the four available that had the word car in its description. (It didn't state a grade online) Is this the provisional license test for driving a regular car or will I have to change it? If I do what will I change it too?

2. On the online form it said "MTO" as one the fields to fill in. I thought that meant Motor Tax Office so I wrote the name of my local tax office but in the confirmation letter it says "MTO/Driver Number" What the heck does that mean?

Any help would be appreciated :D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The BW test is correct. Not sure about the MTO/driver number. Are you sure it's a required field? I thought you only needed it for higher category tests like truck/bus test to show that you already have the required car license.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Did not know you could apply on line for the provisional licence.

On the "Driving Test Online" form at drivingtest.ie the category for cars is
    B; Motor Car/Light Van

What was the adddress of the web iste ???

J_R wrote:
    Hi,

Did not know you could apply on line for the provisional licence

From what I read in his post, he means applying for the theory test online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

J_R wrote:
    Hi,

Did not know you could apply on line for the provisional licence.

On the "Driving Test Online" form at drivingtest.ie the category for cars is
    B; Motor Car/Light Van

What was the adddress of the web iste ???

www.dtts.ie

Thats damn good to know that I have the right test. Would the MTO field make any difference to my license application if I left it the way it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

So, you applied for the Theory Test On Line.

Just went on the site.

You are correct regarding the category.

Do not know regarding the MTO/Driver Number, could drop them an email, but would not worry overmuch.

You are not a driver yet so how can you have a number ?? It might refer to their Mobile Test Van

• Advertisement

I just checked the application form. MTO isn't listed as a required field, therefore you just leave it blank. It's only for people doing tests for higher categories of vehicles, where you need a hold a lower category license before applying.

Stark wrote:
    I just checked the application form. MTO isn't listed as a required field, therefore you just leave it blank. It's only for people doing tests for higher categories of vehicles, where you need a hold a lower category license before applying.

So it wouldn't matter what I put in there? How do I change these details just to be on the safe side?

Give them a ring I guess. I imagine they just ignore whatever's in there in the case of BW tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I don't think you need to fill the MTO field, I didn't. I got my confirmation letter the other day after the booking online and there was no mention of any problem with it.

Stark wrote:
    Give them a ring I guess. I imagine they just ignore whatever's in there in the case of BW tests.

I'm gonna ring them tomorrow and make sure :D. Thanks everyone for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement