Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digging

Options
  • 29-08-2007 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

A man was walking his dog one warm afternoon when he saw a policeman in full uniform digging in a front garden.

"What's happened - has someone been murdered?" he said.

"No, I'm just putting in some potatoes" said the policeman.

"That's hot work in uniform" said the man.

"I'm a plain-clothes detective" said the policeman. "It's my day off today".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

You!...Off my planet!

"But leave your joke book to me before you go.....
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

It's a bit like "What do you call Postman Pat after he retires?"...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Fey! wrote:
    It's a bit like "What do you call Postman Pat after he retires?"...

Pat??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

More Digging, it must be catching
    Digging to a depth of 1,000 meters in rural France last year, archeologists found traces of copper wire dating back 1,000 years. The French came to the conclusion that their ancestors had a telephone network centuries ago.

Not to be outdone by the French, English scientists dug to a depth of 2,000 meters. Shortly thereafter headlines in the U.K. newspapers read:
    "English archeologists have found traces of 2,000-year-old fiber-optic cable and have concluded that ancestors had an advanced high-tech digital communications network a thousand years earlier than the French."

One week later, Irish newspapers reported the following: "After digging as deep as 5,000 meters in a Dublin marketplace, scientists found absolutely nothing. They thus concluded that 5,000 years ago the Irish were using wireless technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

More Digging, it must be catching
    LOL i nearly spat water on my keyboard :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement