Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration Day

• 29-08-2007 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hiya
    I have registration next Thurs at either 9am or 10:15am depending on which registration pack I go by. Does anybody here know / remember how long this will take coz Im supposed to be in work that day????
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Sorry, I don't know for sure. But I'd imagine that it takes about 45 mins or so because you get your student card there and then I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

literally 5 - 10 mins. you just have your photo taken iirc. you have the option of taking a tour of the campus, but I wouldn't bother, the tours aren't great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The Bollox wrote:
    literally 5 - 10 mins. you just have your photo taken iirc. you have the option of taking a tour of the campus, but I wouldn't bother, the tours aren't great

depends on the q, when i was registering for first year it definately took more than 30minutes because the q was very long while waiting to get my picture taking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

it must have been a serious q. when I registered the q was out the door and into the MPC corridor, but it went fairly fast

The Bollox wrote:
    it must have been a serious q. when I registered the q was out the door and into the MPC corridor, but it went fairly fast

yeh same as today, took about twenty minutes, here comes third year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

On the registration day do u get all your timetables etc, and does anybody know when the new 1st year games developement course starts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Splat75

All classes start on the 11th of September

Splat75 wrote:
    All classes start on the 11th of September

you also get your timetable for the first week, its likely to change for the second week and then settle down with only minor changes to it from then on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

11th of Sept. ?
    Is that 1st years only?
    Im starting a course in dkit, i havent recieved ANYTHING yet, cant get admissions on the phone, all i know is from a message passed on to me while i was on night shift that i got in and i would get confirmation and details in the post.
    Im not going into a 1st year course, does that give me any extra time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

Im 3rd year, and I start on 9/11 too - 11.15am I believe.

To note; get there early for registration. Ours was at 3 today, but I arrived at around 2.15 to a queue of about 5 people. Within 20 minutes it was well over a hundred. Was in and out in a few minutes.

To note, holy crap at the changes in O'Fiaich next door - what a makeover. Actually doesn't look an eyesore now!

Matt

• Advertisement

Feck, they had better not try and penalise me for late registration, i'll have to drive up and visit in person next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

kowloon wrote:
    Feck, they had better not try and penalise me for late registration, i'll have to drive up and visit in person next week.

If you're late because of repeats, don't think so. A day or two would hardly matter anyway.

To note, I notice the Pay & Display things are up. I also note that they only have up to 'weekly' tickets in the machine. Weren't we told you could get a semester pass for €40? €8 at on average 15 weeks is €120 - that's a good bit more!

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

oh man i thought it wud atleast be like the week after that we started

MDTyKe wrote:
    If you're late because of repeats, don't think so. A day or two would hardly matter anyway.

To note, I notice the Pay & Display things are up. I also note that they only have up to 'weekly' tickets in the machine. Weren't we told you could get a semester pass for €40? €8 at on average 15 weeks is €120 - that's a good bit more!

Matt

Im new, mature student, was under the impression i wouldnt be starting till the end of the month, i havent even quit my job yet.
    I have nothing sorted and if it wasnt for this thread i wouldnt have know as dkit have sent me NOTHING whatsoever, a bad start.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

MDTyKe wrote:
    Im 3rd year, and I start on 9/11 too - 11.15am I believe.

To note; get there early for registration. Ours was at 3 today, but I arrived at around 2.15 to a queue of about 5 people. Within 20 minutes it was well over a hundred. Was in and out in a few minutes.

To note, holy crap at the changes in O'Fiaich next door - what a makeover. Actually doesn't look an eyesore now!

Matt

Bah, you were damn lucky! I was in that queue for AGES, it was past the ATM by the time I got there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Splat75

kowloon wrote:
    Im new, mature student, was under the impression i wouldnt be starting till the end of the month, i havent even quit my job yet.
    I have nothing sorted and if it wasnt for this thread i wouldnt have know as dkit have sent me NOTHING whatsoever, a bad start.

What course are you starting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 elderlymidwife

Howya
    What building is registration in ? Which car park is the best ?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

I have just returned from registration, over 2 HOURS!!!
    If you want my advice skip the talk and the library and get straight to registration.

Howya
    What building is registration in ? Which car park is the best ?
    Cheers

Sorry missed this.
    Main entrance (to the left of the main gate) can't help you with parking but I would imagine anywhere that is not reserved for staff is ok.
    Have a look at this map, registration is in building 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

annex wrote:
    I have just returned from registration, over 2 HOURS!!!
    If you want my advice skip the talk and the library and get straight to registration.

i second that ;)

i was in the place for about 3 hours in total :rolleyes: staff were sound, but the registartion process was REALLY slow.

on the plus side i got a bag full of FREE goodies including a chunky kit kat, koka noodles, carton of squeez, 2 condoms, mini deodrant spray pens and a ridiculous amount of leaflets/promotions..

i'm also going to join two banks (ulster bank and AIB) and i'll get a total of €150 - free... i'm really milking being a new student..

• Advertisement

smemon wrote:
    i'm also going to join two banks (ulster bank and AIB) and i'll get a total of €150 - free... i'm really milking being a new student..

Banks never give you anything for free, you will pay that €150 back one way or another.
    There is a saying, a bank will give you an umberella on a sunny day and want it back on a rainy one.

annex wrote:
    Banks never give you anything for free, you will pay that €150 back one way or another.
    There is a saying, a bank will give you an umberella on a sunny day and want it back on a rainy one.

well, with AIB, you must top up twice (i'd do that any) by christmas, plus have made 15 lodgements/withdrawels to get the free €50.

i can mess about with my accounts online and transfer a few euro here and there, then transfer it all back into my main account once i get the €50 :p

for the ulster bank offer, they're smarter as they've more terms and they aren't so clear cut, but it's free to set up i'll give it a go...

people never change/couldn't be arsed changing bank accounts, so many students will set up these accounts and use it for life..

that's where the banks cash in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Truther

Hiya
    I have registration next Thurs at either 9am or 10:15am depending on which registration pack I go by. Does anybody here know / remember how long this will take coz Im supposed to be in work that day????
    Cheers

WTF i thought all courses register on the same day!? Or maybe they don't!?! lol no wonder why I was the only one here today doing computers!

Truther wrote:
    WTF i thought all courses register on the same day!? Or maybe they don't!?! lol no wonder why I was the only one here today doing computers!

no you weren't, i was there too ;)

i fear they may be a very small computing class.. the majority of people i came across were doing multimedia..

given the fact there weren't many people there full stop, that shows the computing class will be small..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Truther

Ohrite cool! What course are u doing? Are u doing the three year degree course 721?

Truther wrote:
    Ohrite cool! What course are u doing? Are u doing the three year degree course 721?

thats the one.. dk721.

see you on monday :D

jasus, that's 3 of us now in the same class all boards users :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Just to say that I registered yesterday.

I randomly met smenon which was kinda cool. He comes from Monaghan too so thats also very cool :D

im...LOST wrote:
    Just to say that I registered yesterday.

I randomly met smemon which was kinda cool. He comes from Monaghan too so thats also very cool :D

yeah, out of a big group of students we were all taken in to the library and split into groups of 2 or 3..

out of about 30 computers, we both sat next to each other.. we were told to introduce ourselves to the person beside us..

We're both Sean's and we're both from Monaghan :D So nothing in common at all then..

Only after i got home and copped on we were both boards.ie users too :eek:

Well ok thats 3 board users and there is another guy but I am not sure if he has registered here yet. You will hear him before you see him ;) (Sorry Tar if you read this)
    What time were you guys registering yesterday? I think there might be more of us but we registered at different times. Just a thought.

I didn't have time to take the tour yesterday, so I am not sure where the classroom is, can anybody help? smemon do you know? :o

• Advertisement

annex wrote:
    Well ok thats 3 board users and there is another guy but I am not sure if he has registered here yet. You will hear him before you see him ;) (Sorry Tar if you read this)
    What time were you guys registering yesterday? I think there might be more of us but we registered at different times. Just a thought.

I didn't have time to take the tour yesterday, so I am not sure where the classroom is, can anybody help? smemon do you know? :o

enter the main building/whitaker or whatever it is.. head left and then straight on until you come to stairs.. there's a poster beside the stairs saying part-time/full time courses and an arrow pointing up.

head up the stairs and on down the corridor, you'll see all the numbers on the class doors eg S212,213 etc.. and just follow them :)

As far as i know 217 was on the left side on down a good bit.

By the time i went to the induction thing, then filled out the library questionnaire, the queue was down past the atm.. must have been near half 12 by the time i got registered..

Advertisement