Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a lil help pls

• 29-08-2007 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

i was jus wonderin if any1 out there cud help me with this,
    i've downloaded opera mini web browser for my K610i on the 3 network and for some stupid reason it wont let me use it.now i've been on to customer care and been to a 3 store n they are both as clueless as me :mad: . so i wud like to know if this has happened to any1 else and if u have been albe to get around it any help at all we be nice. thank u :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

What happens when you try to log in

• Registered Users Posts: 18 i_am_me

opera starts up fine but as soon as its meant to finish its start up it stops and says pls contact ur service provider which ive been doin over the past week n they know nothing.i went to a 3 shop this mornin n they're the 1s that told me to post the problem here lol talk bout staff trainin lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Do you have a data bundle? Are you 3pay or billpay? Are you age verified?

yes i have age verified and i have a month unlimited data bundle, i can access internet through the normal 3 access point but its to slow takes forever to load a single screen of text n god forbid theres a lot of pictures on it u gonna be there all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

i have a k610im and as far as i know there is some stuff you can't download because it is an imode phone, i could be wrong....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Go to some page like bebo or ebay and save it as a bookmark. Check the url after you save it. Does it have something like iethree.widerweb.net at the begining of it.

Go to some page like bebo or ebay and save it as a bookmark. Check the url after you save it. Does it have something like iethree.widerweb.net at the begining of it.
    Ohhh the memories! :(

tallus wrote:
    Ohhh the memories! :(

Memories for you. I'm still stuck on the poxy thing.

no my phone is not the imode 1, no it wont start opera for me to go to any sites to even bookmark i can only use 3s own browser which is to slow

• Advertisement

Memories for you. I'm still stuck on the poxy thing.
    How come ? Jaysus dude that's horrible!

Only the k610im (the o2 version) is imode. The k610i isn't.

Go into a shop or find someone with a 3 phone. Put your sim in their phone and try it. If it doesn't work then its a problem with your sim or provisioning.

Then put their sim in yours and test it to see if its a phone problem.

Try this:go to settings-connectivity-settings for java and make sure its set to use the 3 settings

Commander Vimes i've been into a 3 shop this mornin n they told me theres nothing wrong with the phone are the sim but they still cudnt tell why i cudnt use opera mini, opera works fine on my other phone but that is on o2 i jus cost to much to use it on that thats why i want it to work on my 3 phone

tallus wrote:
    How come ? Jaysus dude that's horrible!

Tell me about it. They just told me that they don't support third party applications. :(

Yeah they told you there's nothing wrong with your phone or your account but it doesn't work for you and it does for me so i think they were wrong.

Did you check that setting i suggested?

If you don't want to go back to the same shop go to a different 3 store or maybe another 3 dealer

and do as almightycushion suggested. Go to www.google.com, save it as a bookmark and them tell us if it saves as just www.google.com or iethree.widerweb.net/www.google.com

Tell me about it. They just told me that they don't support third party applications. :(
    They told me that too dude, so I told them that I was the only one who couldn't use them on my 3 phone, and eventually they moved it on to the tech dept. I'd keep calling them, pack of wan*ers.

Advertisement