Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where exactly are these places and what are they like to live in

Options
  • 29-08-2007 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

foster court
    merchant rd or is it merchant quay
    prospect hill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

Behind the train station there's a huge building site with two tower cranes, that's part of Foster Court. There are houses and apartments close enough to the site, I'd imagine that's the place.

Going from Cuba away from Eyre Square past the council offices is Prospect Hill.

Merchants Quay/Road is around the docks I think.

I've never lives in any of these places but I'd imagine they're nice to live in regarding how quiet the places are anyway. A friend of mine lives across from the museum which is around the corner from the docks and besides traffic it's quiet enough and there's no trouble.

Try searching Google maps or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Merchant's Quay is an apartment block on Merchants road, and Merchants road is parallel to the docks. It's grand to live on, not too oisy but central to everything.

Forster court looks nice, and it's pretty handy for town. If you're coming out of the lane by the train station with eyer square in front of you take a right, take the first left up a big hill, and the right at the italian restaurant, think iy's in there.

Prospect Hill is close to town but quality of housing can vary, depends where on Prospect Hill. It's off Eyre Sqare too, top right hand corner if you're in front of teh hotel by the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 veva style

foster court/place.........very quiet and no problems nice area and houses/flats are nice but expensive to rent as very near the town

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yellowellie

Don't be shy to ask us where the nearest gyms are too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

Lived down the bottom of Merchant Road for 2 years once upon a time. Some very nice apartments down that way, usually fairly quiet at night, but in 30 secs from your front door you're on Quay St, or just 2 mins up Merchants Rd to Eyre Sq. If you have a car, traffic/parking is a total bitch round that way though. If parking isn't an issue, heartily recommended.

Prospect Hill would be very, very noisy at night (till 4am), and the quality of houses/flats round that way varies from very nice indeed to utter kips.

Forster Court is alright. Rent tends to be a bit expensive for some reason.

If I didn't have the car now, I'd move back to Merchants Rd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement