Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkview Hall

Options
  • 29-08-2007 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Anyone know what this place is like? have a place booked there but not sure about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

I hope you like walking/cycling!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

The place itself is grand I know a guy who lives there (his bedroom is a bit small though) however it is a long walk/cycle to the college. Its the furthest student apartment block to the college. Driving isnt really a good option unless you intend being in early every morning because all the parking will be gone.

And you can forget about walking home from The Lodge after a night out:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 silentlou

i lived there in 1st year of college and finished my 2nd year and still dont have my deposit back it is very long walk in mornings especially after night out it close enough to art college but 4 ul students wudnt recommend it 2 far out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

If you've a bike it's less than 5 mins away.

If you're walking, t'would be about 15 mins away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 silentlou

from ul is took us 25 mins to walk it at quickest u cud run it in 15 mins maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭phog

If this is where I think it is then it's about 2 miles to the drop off point on UL. There's a reasonable bus service though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

this is the journey from parkview to ul
    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4600694

when i went to ul and lived in college court this was my journey to class
    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4600691

when i lived in bru na gruadan it was
    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4600693

parkview is a bit away walking but it would feel a lot further away. if i were to do it all again id prob go for college court to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Bit further from Parkview that you have mapped, thats the parkway but nice maps all the same.

i'd recommend for anyone living there to use the bus... or cycle of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2 elainek2013

Just an update on this place:

Pricey on electricity, loud house parties are a regular occurrence, the washing machines (they're in a building downstairs, the apartments do not have any) constantly cause problems, the electric gates sometimes fail to work and you could be waiting for anything up to an hour for maintenance to come so you cannot move your car from behind it.

<snip - edited at poster's request>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Bump.

Anyone else know anything about Parkview Hall? Seems good value with the internet, T.V etc covered by the rent.

Looking at getting a room there for the summer only, not during semester. Keen to avoid drunken house parties though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 nutsnboltz1

Hey Sam, I'm been living here all year and I would defo recommend it for Summer accommodation it's nice and quiet the only noise we've had to deal with has been a couple of Mad Brazilian and Mexican fans cheering like crazing during the world cup haha :)

Just a few things to note, there are a couple of people letting out the apartments and the prices vary between the agents, I'm with Jack myself. Another thing to look for would be an apartment with a wooden floor we have one in my apartment and it's much nicer than the carpet I've seen in other apartments, electricity is paid through a meter we usually spend about a 20 euro every 2 weeks (with 3 people living in the apartment) during the summer but it can rise to 30 euro ie during the winter especially if you have a girlfriend who loves to turn the heating on and use hairdryer ect everyday ;)

Other than that it's not a bad place to spend a few months :)

Advertisement