Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Lite - BB Problem Sutton Area Dublin

Options
  • 29-08-2007 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,
    I'm supposed to be on Magnet Lite 4 MB but in reality when it works I only get 500 - 600 kpbs dn. and at 4:30 to 5:00 each day the service disappears altogether so no broadband connection and no phone connection. The service is also nonexistent at weekends.

Had the wiring in house checked and Magnet have replaced the router as well. Magnet techie came out and connected his laptop directly to eircom fone socket and got same dn speed as me.

Magnet have raised faults with eircom but eircom say the line is working. Magnet are blaming the eircom copper network not being of good quality.

Sounded like a contention thing to me which was the reason I left BT to go to Magnet who were offering 1:1 no contention with their ADSL2 technology!

Has anyone come across this before and was there a solution found.
    Any help would be appreciated - tearing whats' left of my hair out !!
    Thanks
    Jim
    :confused:

Advertisement