Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass or Electric picnic

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Electric Picnic
    Zillah wrote:
    No, you only responded to half my post. And it was such a simple post too. I'll ask again to make it simple:

In your opinion, are there any circumstances where someone could get mildly-to-very drunk without it counting as a crutch?
    I did respond to it. And it was such a simple answer. I'll answer it again to make it simple. If one is getting mildy-to-very drunk purely to get mildly-to-very drunk and not because they can't do something else without getting mild-to-very drunk well then it is not crutch.

Electric Picnic
    JC 2K3 wrote:
    What would you say to the idea that everything has multiple naturalistic essenses depending on the state of mind/consciousness of the observer?
    Is a driver better able to drive with or without drink? Is the observer better able to observe with or with drink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Electric Picnic
    Having just looked at the lineup for EP, I'm off to mass. 220 euro for that? Ouch.

And Tim you're opinion that 2+ drinks is a binge is the most ridiculous thing I've heard since, umm, the last time somebody suggested that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

aidan24326 wrote:
    Having just looked at the lineup for EP, I'm off to mass. 220 euro for that? Ouch.

And Tim you're opinion that 2+ drinks is a binge is the most ridiculous thing I've heard since, umm, the last time somebody suggested that.

Yeah, they were probably drunk, though.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I did respond to it. And it was such a simple answer. I'll answer it again to make it simple. If one is getting mildy-to-very drunk purely to get mildly-to-very drunk and not because they can't do something else without getting mild-to-very drunk well then it is not crutch.

Ah, ok. So you'll agree that this statement from your original post was very badly phrased?
    Drink is just another crutch, just like religion. Both help people deal with insecurities.

• Advertisement

Electric Picnic
    aidan24326 wrote:

Aido, I was referring to my own limits with 2+, if you read the post. But many people would agree with this and would never drive if they had 2+ because their cognitive abilities have deteriorated.

Electric Picnic
    Zillah wrote:
    Ah, ok. So you'll agree that this statement from your original post was very badly phrased?
    No.

You'd make a fantastic Creationist Tim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Is a driver better able to drive with or without drink?
    Relevance?
    Is the observer better able to observe with or with drink?
    That depends on what they want to observe and how they want to observe it.

By your logic, we're all not experiencing reality properly since we're not all on Nootropics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'd goto the electric picnic, as it's the lesser of the two evils.

Oh, and Tim, most people I know don't drink and drive. Any waster that thinks that they can drive with two points is a danger to other people. I know of one person, who after one pint, is almost legless. They can't handle their pints, and they know it. You, though, think that you can drive OK with two pints.

For the record, I went to neither. Both mass and the electric picnic do sh|te music.

Finally, the electric picnic doesn't sell cider. Like mass. So both get the thumbs down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I decided not to drink tonight - and now I can't sleep.

Damn you Tim for taking my sleep crutch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Electric Picnic
    Aido, I was referring to my own limits with 2+, if you read the post. But many people would agree with this and would never drive if they had 2+ because their cognitive abilities have deteriorated.

That's ok you obviously have low enough capacity for alcohol yourself. No problem there. I wouldn't consider 5 or 6 beers to be a binge by any means, but each to their own I guess.

I still can't figure out why you'd want to go to Electric Picnic though. You seem to be going there with the intent of stirring up a debate about the parallels between drinking and religion?! :confused: Tim, even by your standards of oddness this is a new one.

The fúckin' Stooges are playing - 'nuff said.

Electric Picnic
    the_syco wrote:
    I'd goto the electric picnic, as it's the lesser of the two evils.

Oh, and Tim, most people I know don't drink and drive. Any waster that thinks that they can drive with two points is a danger to other people. I know of one person, who after one pint, is almost legless. They can't handle their pints, and they know it. You, though, think that you can drive OK with two pints.

For the record, I went to neither. Both mass and the electric picnic do sh|te music.

Finally, the electric picnic doesn't sell cider. Like mass. So both get the thumbs down.
    Incorrect. I wouldn't driver after a mouthful of beer actually.

Electric Picnic
    aidan24326 wrote:
    That's ok you obviously have low enough capacity for alcohol yourself. No problem there. I wouldn't consider 5 or 6 beers to be a binge by any means, but each to their own I guess.

I still can't figure out why you'd want to go to Electric Picnic though. You seem to be going there with the intent of stirring up a debate about the parallels between drinking and religion?! :confused: Tim, even by your standards of oddness this is a new one.
    Just back from Electric Picnic. It was absolute class, much better than I expected. There was a huge range of mental stimulus so I didn't need to stir up any sort of Theological debate. We had one brief debate concerning whether parents should be bringing thier young kids to a festival that was really intended for adults. Other than that it was all music, art and good fun. Great Weekend.

So, what was your point again?

Sun Tzu say - Make point like water and you can never be defeated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Zillah wrote:
    Sun Tzu say - Make point like water and you can never be defeated.

And he too was an atheist. Apparently.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

JC 2K3 wrote:
    The fúckin' Stooges are playing - 'nuff said.

You mean like the original Stooges? With Iggy Pop?

I take back all I said. Iggy's got to be better than mass any day!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

We had one brief debate concerning whether parents should be bringing thier young kids to a festival that was really intended for adults.
    Actually I heard the promoter interviewed as saying the festival was deliberately marketed at everyone - including families. They wanted it to develop like Glastonbury seems to have done.

• Advertisement

Electric Picnic
    Actually I heard the promoter interviewed as saying the festival was deliberately marketed at everyone - including families. They wanted it to develop like Glastonbury seems to have done.
    It was marketed so nackers wouldn't go. The only other time I have been surrounded by such a statistically low amount of nackers is at a rugby match.

PDN wrote:
    You mean like the original Stooges? With Iggy Pop?

I take back all I said. Iggy's got to be better than mass any day!
    Hehe, well there's one thing we can agree on. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭lookinforpicnic

Mass or electric picnic?

Definitely electric picnic, what a laugh, for me its a great chance to meet up with my friends that are scattered around the country, wasn't as good as last year but there was a couple of good gigs in there, particularly the not well known ones, and Erasure.. brillant. Yeah lots of drink and bits and pieces of drugs, not to avoid reality, reality is just fine the way it is, but because I like that kind of stuff with friends. 220 euro didn't bother me, at least it keeps the crowd someway decent.

Electric Picnic
    Mass or electric picnic?

Definitely electric picnic, what a laugh, for me its a great chance to meet up with my friends that are scattered around the country, wasn't as good as last year but there was a couple of good gigs in there, particularly the not well known ones, and Erasure.. brillant. Yeah lots of drink and bits and pieces of drugs, not to avoid reality, reality is just fine the way it is, but because I like that kind of stuff with friends. 220 euro didn't bother me, at least it keeps the crowd someway decent.
    Erasure were class. Did you check out the BodyTonic tent?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Neither thanks.
    If I had to go to one, it definitely wouldn't be mass, unless that hot girl that used to sit in front of me was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭lookinforpicnic

Erasure were class. Did you check out the BodyTonic tent?

Yeah i checked it out, didn't spend much time there though, the djs i saw weren't great

Advertisement