Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost of servicing an Octavia Diesel 1.9 ?

Options
  • 29-08-2007 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭

How often does a car need to be serviced?
    How much should I budget for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

Why not give a few more details about the Octavia, mk 1 or mk 2, new or secondhand. It will help people give you a more accurate answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭worded

Hi,

Will be a 2004 - 2005 Diesel (looking in the uk at the mo)

Not sure the diff between mk1 and mk2 is please tell.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

The mk 2 came out the end of 2004, diesel engines are either 1.9 105bhp or 2.0 litre 140bhp. Irish and UK cars (i'd imagine) have variable service intervals which means they use long life oil and you service them when the service indicator comes up on the dash. I have had 3 mk 2 Octavias and the service light came on all 3 at approx 28-30,000km's - apparently this is dependant on your driving style. If long life oil isn't use then the service interval is every 15000km or 1 year. Not 100% sure of the service intervals of the MK1 probably every 15000km or 1 year.
    As regards service costs, shop around all mine have been under warranty when I got them serviced so used Skoda main dealers, prices range from €120 to €250 for a service. First price was dealer down in Cork second price was Phoenix motors in Dublin.
    Skoda are still selling the mk 1 models new and there is about a €4000 price difference between them so if your looking at a mk1 and mk2 of the same year, make sure the mk1 is a good bit cheaper than the mk2. To differentiate between them have a look on www.skoda.ie the mk 2 is called the New Octavia and the mk1 is called the Octavia Tour.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This is the 1996 - 2007 MkI Octavia (called the Tour these days):
    eamontarrantOctAga249.jpg

This is a MkII Octavia from 2004:
    bolandcarlow852.jpg

Easiest way to tell the difference between the MkI and MkII is that the MkII has the side indicators built into the door mirrors (like the VW Golf) and the interior is alot nicer.

• Advertisement

Is there a road tax cost difference between the 1.9 and 2.0 ?
    I suppose the fuel efficiency isnt that different?

I was looking for a 1.9 but there are not that many available so perhaps the 2.0 is an idea.

Advertisement