Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X1800XT 512mb Price?

Options
  • 29-08-2007 6:24pm
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Just upgraded to a 8800gts 640mb, So my old faithful X1800XT 512mb is up for sale, it has a Zalman VF-700cu cooler modded with a Nexus Fan so its really...

Anyone know how much its worth?

I mean Its still a very decent card and kicks the crap out of every "midrange" card on Komplett...

I was thinking something like 140 euro?

x1800xt2qc7.th.jpg

x1800xt1ll4.th.jpg

I still have the Stock Sapphire Cooler too..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

i gif you 10 dorra!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

:( !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

adverts.ie tbh

And 140 is asking alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

i'd say 100max to be honest. The aftermarket cooler will not fetch you any extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got the 256mb version on adverts for 80 euro a few months back. But in fairness I felt like I got the deal of a century. And still do. It's only used in a secondary LAN machine but so far it's easily torn up Company of Heroes, Medal of Airborne and even Bioshock at high settings without too much hassle. For only 80 euro? Other far inferior cards like the 7600GT were going for more at the time and even now you'd be hard pressed to find a card near as good for 80 euro, about 6 months on.

I'd say your card is definitely worth the asking price or maybe a few euro below, it's still a great performer. The only problem is, actually getting it....adverts can be a real difficult place to shift stuff sometimes.

It is a crossfire card by any chance?

• Advertisement

From the pics its not a master card.

Nope its not a Crossfire card, cool, i wasnt expecting 140 for it just wanted to see what people are willing to pay :)

Ill advertise it for 120 or so and hopefully get 100 for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Iv got the x1800xt 512 master card, would that be worth much more?

Nope, Even when new they are only a small bit more expensive. Plus, he has to have a slave card. And not just the standard verison. Something to do with some chip thats on the board or something. I never really paid much attention al all this cros...missfire from ATI.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The compositor.
    It's part of the GPU die on modern cards, think starting with the X1900 refreshes.

• Advertisement

Well fcuk that.....I was looking for a master card assuming my standard card would be fine with it. So I need a master card AND a slave card for the older cards? What a ****ing joke.....

Well this is a slave card...

The original Crossfire setup was horrible, you had to have master and slave and an external dongle :/

Well there goes any vague notion I had of just throwing in another cheap X1800 in my other machine....really wanted to try crossfire for the hell of it! guess not now....it'd be cheaper and make more sense to buy an 8800 then buy 2 of the newer decent cards.

Advertisement