Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

brakes for 91 import micra

Options
  • 29-08-2007 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know were I can get a set of front brake discs and rear brake drums for a 1991 Jap import micra 1 litre

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I've the same car (only it's a 1990 and a domestic model)

Brake discs can be got in any motor factors. They may have to order them in, but they're not too expensive. As for drums, a scrap yard is probably your best bet. The scrappy across from the Red Cow (just of the M50) usually always has at least one Micra K10 in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭spree

Yeah thanks I know the one you mean been there before, do you think used drums would be ok, the parking brake on the car sometimes works if not i have to roll back a bit or forward could this mean uneven wear on the drum ??.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

If you get drums in a scrappy, look at the inside of them, where the shoes make contact with the drum. They should be shiny and smooth, if not (such as rusty and rough), get them of another Micra.

You might as well get new brake shoes for the drum brakes while your at it. They can be difficult to replace however, lots of springs and the like. Also make sure the piston thing that pushes the shoes onto the drum isn't leaking (they can be got new in any motor factors anyway if it is leaking).

Advertisement