Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lads wearin uggs

• 29-08-2007 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

ye wats the story wit lads wearin uggs i tought they were 4 girls only i so this lad wearin them the other day and just tought to myself queer but wat do u tink yourselfs acceptable for fellas to wear or just to queer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

this is a joke right?

the thread that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

erm, unless i actually see a lad wearing uggs i'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to them that they are builders wearing them wooly lined builder's boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The boot has its origins as a reasonably traditional male Australian boot, popular with aviators and later surfers. The "UGG Australia" US/EU trademark holder is interestingly not Australian, and neither are the boots which are made in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vespahead

ye but y the **** r lads wearin dem out n the shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Probably for the same reason you don't spell your words correctly. ;)

I am in the electric69 club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

No no no. this cant be true. no way. is there any chance they were Slippers!? Did he have a surfer style Bleached hairdo??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

lol, I thought about buying a pair of uggs recently as a pisstake, maybe someone else had the same idea and decided to act on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

vespahead wrote:
    ye but y the **** r lads wearin dem out n the shops

Translation:

Yes I understand that chaps in the construction industry may wear rigger boots from time to time: a perfectly excusable and manly boot I might add. What I need to clarify is; have boards users ever seen chaps wearing Ugg Boots when paying a visit to the shops?

stovelid wrote:
    Translation:

Yes I understand that chaps in the construction industry may wear rigger boots from time to time: a perfectly excusable and manly boot I might add. What I need to clarify is; have boards users ever seen chaps wearing Ugg Boots when paying a visit to the shops?

AHAHAHAHA...that had to be done!

Do they make uggs in size 14?might not be a bad idea :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinker

Yes, I was in spar the other day and saw a guy i his early twentys with jeans, t-shirt AND uggs, cool as you like just doing his shopping, he looked like a complete dork...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Oh god no, please tell me this isn't real. Please tell me that irish men haven't sunk as low as to wear Ugg boots... NOOOOO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I've been living in Australia for just over six months now and seeing lads wearing uggs is the single most disturbing thing I've seen. One of my teammates even turned up to football training wearing them and no one batted an eyelid. Between lads and D4 heads they should be banned altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

By any chance did he have multi-coloured hair?

jester77 wrote:
    By any chance did he have multi-coloured hair?

and was he wearing a skirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vespahead

ye thanks for the correction stovelid,but heres the thing i can spell,write and i can speak in a manner that disguises me as a complete dry ****e over the internet but i choose not to write in this manner and to spell words how they would sound when i would say them in real life because im not a fake and like people to know that the way in which i speak,spell,talk and use grammer is the way in which i use them in everyday life,

now back 2 the thread ye c im not alone in seeing people wearin them,but i tink in australia nd nz is were they originate from so i can may'be understand australians wearing them without knowin about the d4 craze over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Uggs are wrong on men and women....wrong, wrong, wrong :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

vespahead wrote:
    ye wats the story wit lads wearin uggs i tought they were 4 girls only i so this lad wearin them the other day and just tought to myself queer but wat do u tink yourselfs acceptable for fellas to wear or just to queer

Yeeeaaa I'd just say they're queer.... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

vespahead wrote:
    ye thanks for the correction stovelid,but heres the thing i can spell,write and i can speak in a manner that disguises me as a complete dry ****e over the internet but i choose not to write in this manner and to spell words how they would sound when i would say them in real life because im not a fake and like people to know that the way in which i speak,spell,talk and use grammer is the way in which i use them in everyday life,

now back 2 the thread ye c im not alone in seeing people wearin them,but i tink in australia nd nz is were they originate from so i can may'be understand australians wearing them without knowin about the d4 craze over here

Did you just call Stovelid a "complete dry ****e" for taking the time to translate your inane gibberish?

Charming... :rolleyes:

ahhh yeeee.jaysus merrionJosef.yea kno watta meen? dem uggs is dead gay dey is.fookin saaps wearin dem dey are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Learn to spell, you goddamn muppet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

what the hell are uggs

AdrianII wrote:
    what the hell are uggs

lol

they are boots that chicks wear.orginally from New Zealand(i think). Like a pair of wolly slippers except they go up to your shins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Vespahead, Fremen - no more insults if you don't want to be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

vespahead wrote:
    because im not a fake and like people to know that the way in which i speak,spell,talk and use grammer is the way in which i use them in everyday life,

I'm not sure I understand.

So in everyday life, you talk and use "grammer" like a mobile phone being operated by a monkey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

UGG Australia have a men's range of the boots ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i noticed will ferrell wearing them in blades of glory, practical shoes that got sucked into a fashion fad, that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

electric69 wrote:
    ahhh yeeee.jaysus merrionJosef.yea kno watta meen? dem uggs is dead gay dey is.fookin saaps wearin dem dey are

I chuckled :)

Can't believe guys are actually wearing ugg boots, even women get slagged for wearing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭cherrycool

If Australian men wear them and nobody batts an eyelid, then perhaps the man the OP saw was Australian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

There are a few things that have made me stop, turn and stare at someone, all the name of what they were wearing, over the last couple of years. Sometimes accompanied by a chuckle, sometimes by a look of astonishment.

A girls in PJ's was one. Obese girls wearing totally inappropriate outfits, displaying their muffin tops. The increasingly complex asymmetric hairstyles of teenage boys, in area where you would have been lynched for looking like that 10 years ago.

But if I ever see a guy wearing a pair of uggs, then that will cap them all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

any chance the guy was wearing desert boots? real ones now not the mis named chuck boots..
    they might look like uggs as they are a similar shape and colour..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

if an ugg boot and a croc had a baby....

http://www.jellyegg.com/gallery/products/mammoth/side_636_731.jpg

It's when the lads are wearing these "mammoths" that we have to worry.

Advertisement