Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese 3/4 sleeve....

Options
  • 29-08-2007 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I'm going to be getting a japanese 3/4 length sleeve done soon, but I was wondering which studio to get it done in... Which studio in dublin would be the best for that type of work??
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭McFearless

cool japanese sounds sweet!you gettin it asap!?i cant really give ye good tips but stigmata are really cool guys,did you check out some of the websites?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭celt2005

Have you thought about going abroad, or waiting to a tattoo show in Dublin ??

Tattoo artists charge cheaper rates at these, but only do high quality work, all the best, you have definitely picked well ....

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

i havent really checked many sites yet, like to get some personal oppinions from people really!
    Regarding going away... hadn't really thought about that! but are there any particular places of interest!!? would they be cheaper?
    was over in amsterdam a couple of weeks ago and I was considering getting a tattoo there, and they were pretty much the same price...
    Won't be getting it done quite yet, but as soon as i can afford it i will! lol
    recently spent 700 on a polynesian 1/4 sleeve! so gotta fatten the wallet up a bit first!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

i
    Regarding going away... hadn't really thought about that! but are there any particular places of interest!!? would they be cheaper?
    first!

Not cheaper, about the same I think. Most places in England charge £70 - £80 / hour for big work.

Off the top of my head for japanese style:

www.jonnott.com

www.thefamilybusinesstattoo.com

www.into-you.co.uk/

http://www.indigotattoo.com/indexx.htm (not really jap style but you must check this guy out !!!!

But if you have a particular image it would help more. Are you going for Koi, dragon or none of above :-) Different people have different styles IMO I have more links at home if you want a particular area of england or scotland (not really sure about Europe except Tin Tin in France, great jap style work)

Good luck with your search. Be sure to let us know who you have selected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Sunny_Dublin

My 2 cent: Stigmata would probably good for what you want. Cathal in there is working on my japan inspired backpiece at the moment (cherryblossoms scattered down my back) and I saw one of the other guys (I think it;s Mike?) working on a japanese piece including a koi which looked absolutely stunning.

excellent choice btw, i looooove japanese sleeves!

sunny...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

the italians in art tattoo also do them, theyre in teMple bar, worth a look

wow lads! thanks so much! lots to think about there!
    I'll be going for a koi fish, with a dark backdrop, water splashes, clouds, wind swirls and cherry blossoms!
    Regarding art tattoo, I got my polynesian work done in there by michele, and it was incredible work, but i'd like to keep my options open aswell!
    Anybody have any idea how much ill be looking at? my polynesian work is about a third of the size this will be and it took 7 hours and cost 700, but it'd be nice to know what other people have paid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

dunno if you noticed the art work he had in his studio but he does good stuff. i would at a guess say about 800 or so, depends how detailed, 800-1000. cant gauge properly, go see an artist, theyl let ya know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Jap work, eh? Lovely choice, I must say. Eh, off the top of my head... The Italians would be good. But ya know who's producing some quality work as of late? Colourworks. They've done some gorgeous pieces over the past while. Nice studio, IMO. Lemme think.... Is it in colour? I know Aine in wildcat has a stunning left arm sleeve, and I'm pretty sure it's got japanese pieces in it. Maybe ask her for some advice? The boys in wildcat always produce beautiful work, anyway. Paul and Mark have have tattooed me up there. Wonderful lads! And I've always been happy with the results. :)

it will be in colour for some parts (koi fish, and flowers) and black and white for the background etc.
    Thanks for the advice! As I said, it'll be a while before i start it, I need to clear a bit of debt first! But at least when i can afford it, I'll be prepared!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Did you ever find an artist for your sleeve mate?
    I'm trying to find an artist with a decent background when it comes to Japanese/Irezumi tattoos for my sleeve.

To be honest man, it'll be a while before i go any further with this. I'm quite broke at the moment so i'll be waiting till i at least get money sorted!
    I just wanted to get some advice/ideas in advance, so that when i get some cash together i'd have a fairly good idea!!

Advertisement