Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is my 360 on its way out ?

• 29-08-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

playing my 360, minding my own business when all of a sudden i start hearing this noise. they seem to be coming from the drive. at first i thought they might pass but was i wrong. an error message comes up '' unable to read disc ''. third time this has happened. so am i f***ed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Don't worry, it happen a bit to me. So since when did this start happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

yup u best just haul that baby back n get a new 1 instead of it:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I got my Xbox on Saturday. Forza has come up with that message at least 3 times since then :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

feylya wrote:
    I got my Xbox on Saturday. Forza has come up with that message at least 3 times since then :(

The forza disks can be sh*t so just get it changed before you do anything drastic like returning the console.

OP I get this all the time, its a real pain in the ass. I've been getting it for months. My original 360 had that problem then 3 red rings, but the two errors are not related in my opinion, otherwise I'd have had a second 3 red rings by now.

Don't worry, nothings wrong. Atleast 90% of people had this happen to there Xbox, compared to 33% of them with red rings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Nailz wrote:
    Don't worry, nothings wrong. Atleast 90% of people had this happen to there Xbox, compared to 33% of them with red rings.

:D sorry I had to laugh at this!! of course something is wrong.

Well, thats true my bad. I frazed that wrong, maybe something like this; Don't worry, it's nothing drastic. Stick that in your churoote and smoke it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

My Xbox ha been doing ominous things for the past couple of weeks now.

It seems to have had some sort of identity crisis lately and doesn't want to be an xbox any more, but fancies it's self as a DVD player.

If I put any 360 disc in now it boots up a splash screen saying :
    "This is an Xbox360 disc - please use in an Xbox 360" in a number of languages.

I put the disc in my stand alone DVD player and get the same screen.
    It takes abot 5 - 10 open/close tray befor the fans kick in and it loads the game.

So my feckin Xbox has come out of the closet as a DVD player and not the bi-dvd/game-disc machine I want.

No red lights as of yet, but is this behaviour the harbinger of doom?

Anyone else come across this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

That happened to me after I tried to play Guitar Hero following a dvd being in the drive. I just switched it off and on a couple of times and it never happened again.

My Xbox was collected by UPS this afternoon, hopefully when it comes back (or its replacement) it will be problem free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

haha Nailz, i may be smoking it soon enough! :D

I seem to be blessed with my 360 from launch. The only reason I can think is that I dont play it that often or for pro longed periods of time. This will change now that I have Bioshock (first game I'm really enjoying in a long time)

If anything happens mine im reporting it back to this thread with a "told you so" self fulfilling prophecy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Don't hold your breath Makavelli. I sent my original 360 in for repair and the replacement packed it in 2 weeks after coming back. The only thing you can do is to ask for the extra heatsink modification to be put in your console. I had a bit of hassle getting them to do, but they finally caved in after repeated phone calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

A-Trak wrote:

That's what happened to mine for a month or 2 then it fcuked itself up 3 rings style... you have that to look forward to soon.... probably!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

A-Trak wrote:
    mine is doing this all the time when the xbox is verticle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

ciano1 wrote:
    mine is doing this all the time when the xbox is verticle

So was mine... looks like yours is going down the same route unfortunately. i was doing some reading up on the disc read problem and it seems in most cases that was a prelude to the 3 red rings scenario...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Stephen H

Mine went out after that happened lad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

That's what happened to mine for a month or 2 then it fcuked itself up 3 rings style... you have that to look forward to soon.... probably!

*thinks*Hmmm, surely thats just mountain lips, he seems and unlucky lad*
    Stephen H wrote:
    Mine went out after that happened lad

oh B0ll0x.

Mybe if I hug it and say nice things to it I can dodge the 3 ring circus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i have an xbox a few months now n problems seem to be regular for everyone around me. It looks like MS are as bad at making video game consoles as they are making Operating Systems. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Me and My mate are still on our original 360's we picked up on launch night...either we're really really lucky or they'll RROD on us the minute our warranty is up...

Considering trading up for an Elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 just yappin

mailrewop wrote:
    playing my 360, minding my own business when all of a sudden i start hearing this noise. they seem to be coming from the drive. at first i thought they might pass but was i wrong. an error message comes up '' unable to read disc ''. third time this has happened. so am i f***ed
    no it happnd to me it ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 starfiend

It took me an hour to get mine working last night. every time i turn it on it keeps coming up "to play this disc, put it into an xbox 360 console" in about 10 different languages. sounds like it's having an identity crisis or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement