Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless broadband for laptop

Options
  • 29-08-2007 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,639 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking of buying a laptop/notebook and wanted to get Broadband
    for it. Wireless broadband. Any thoughts or suggestions on who can do this. I'm not too up on all this, so some advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

walshb wrote:
    I was thinking of buying a laptop/notebook and wanted to get Broadband
    for it. Wireless broadband. Any thoughts or suggestions on who can do this. I'm not too up on all this, so some advice would be greatly appreciated

Wireless broadband is broadband that comes into your house without wires, you get a receiver unit that you can either plug into or connect to wirelessly.

All wired broadband (using your telephone line) can be used wirelessly as well. You also get a little box that plugs into your telephone socket to which you can connect with wires or wirelessly depending on the type of little box you get.

That's what 'wireless router' means.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Or you can get Mobile Internet using phone company 3G/HSDPA/Edge/GPRS (nearly nationwide), or IBB Ripwave nearly mobile internet ( some areas) or Digiweb Flash Mobile (Finglas area, Nationwide later).

Any system can be connected via a WiFi Router (Wireless Hotspot).

Advertisement