Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Agp Card

Options
  • 29-08-2007 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Is it worth sticking with agp or should i buy a new motherboard?
    I don't play to many games, wolvenstien, links 2003, The missus plays sims2, I do like watching HD content and movies tho.
    I am looking at this card for example(i live in denmark its about 200euros) http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=334473

Thats the max i want to spend, im using IDE hard drives too so i know i should probably get sata at some point.

all comments welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Thats fine for games an all but it does not have a proper HD video decoding component.

If you plan on HD-DVD or Blu-ray then you would really need to switch to PCI-e however if you are talking about just things like Apples H.264 trailers then it is fine as those are not HD in a fashion (although the resolution is HD the Apple version of H.264 is basically crippled and nothing like the H.264 used in HD-DVD or Blu-ray).

For games the 7900GS is fine perhaps even a bit too much you could probably jsut as well go with a 7600GT.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

Thanks 8T8.
    If i was to go PCI-e. what would be the prefered cards in the 100-200euro price range.

Rgds

D

Advertisement