Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total beginner.. but tomorrow night is the night!!

Options
  • 29-08-2007 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I normally wouldnt start a thread and then just link straight to another one but in this case time is of the essence...

To cut a long story short, my local beach was alive with small mackerel tonight. They seemed to be chasing millions of tiny silver fish that were beaching onto the shoreline.. with the result that there were loads of small mackerel flapping around the shoreline too.

Im going to catch a fish tomorrow night if I have to walk in and grab the fecker.. so.. can someone tell me what I'd need to get some of the bigger guys who were literally jumping out of the water maybe 10 metres away from the shore?

I have a basic fishing rod.. but havent used it in years. We didnt get on.

Im going to try and catch some of the big guys tomorrow night and see can I have them cooked within an hour or two.

The big question... HOW do I get the big lads further out. Mackerel lures?

Here's the original thread I started in the Waterford forum because thats where the beach is.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055142920

Thanks for any help you might be able to give me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 rebelcork

Get yourself a few sets of mackerel feathers.Hokkai lures are also deadly.Hook on a 2 or 3 oz weight at the end and cast past where the shoal is breaking the surface.Retreive the line steadily and you should pick up a few macs>Bon appetite!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

if you are a beginer a spinner might be easier, less ahance of tangles

Advertisement