Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cataltyic Converter for Mercedes C280 Sport

Options
  • 29-08-2007 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello Everybody,

I have bought a 1995 Mercedes C280 Sport in from the UK about 2 years ago.It's a brilliant car in terms of space,power & comfort. Recently the catalytic converter has gone in it and it's due for NCT in September.

Can anybody suggest where a reasonable replacement can be got as the main dealer prices are nearly the value of the car which I love and would like to keep ?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Chevy RV:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

Try GSF in Clondalkin, Otto in Ranelagh or Euro Car Parts in the UK and see how much you can get it for - you should then be able to find someone to fit it for a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello Spit62500,

Thanks for the advice.

GSF are the cheapest quoting €450 +VAT. ( Main dealer quoting c.€1150 +VAT )

Otto does not supply the part.

Eurocarparts seem very efficient but were about €50 dearer in total than GSF.

I am following up now on these with the mechanic to make sure they are the right parts.

Again many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

No problem - I forgot to suggest the normal tyre/exhaust fitting outfits - most if not all of them will supply and fit a cat.

Advertisement