Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cb radio

Options
  • 29-08-2007 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭

does i anyone know were is the place to get a cb radio for a car that also includes an cb antenna. i am thinking of getting one but don't know wer is the best place to buy in this country.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Im not sure if it is the appropriate forum but try the Hobby Radio forum - www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=922

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

CB Radio. Wow! It's long while since I had the Cobra 146GTL and the DB-7 aerial in the MkI Golf!

There used to be a place in Sundrive that sold all that stuff - I think they were called CQ Electronics or CQ Communications - but something tells me they have moved - it might be worth looking in the phone book.............

But kbannon is right, the hobby radio forum should get good results.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

crosstownk wrote:
    There used to be a place in Sundrive that sold all that stuff - I think they were called CQ Electronics or CQ Communications
    Yup CQ Communications on Ormond Quay, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I have just had some major 80's flash backs of me & the lads trying to "pull" birds on the old cb.

The airwaves were alive to the call of " One nine for a ladybreaker" (as if one would answer !!!

Do I look back in fondness at these youthfull activities?? Nope, I look back and think what a shower of w*nkers we were :D:D

Mind you, best mate met a random bird via cb meeting and here they are 20 years later married with two kids - and there was me thinking only hairy truck drivers used them.

Advertisement