Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaven Legs

Options
  • 29-08-2007 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Guys just wondering what the story is with shaving the legs? Is it done or not? Do only guys racing do it? Do you do it during the winter? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Two reasons. Wind resistence. Clean up cuts is a lot easier.

Some guys wear tights in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Victor wrote:
    Two reasons. Wind resistence. Clean up cuts is a lot easier.

Some guys wear tights in winter.

The wind reistance thing is a myth, the cuts and infections thing is true though, grit and dirt stick to the hair much easier. Also, a hairless leg is much easier to massage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

It's said that shaven legs are to aide the application of embrocation, massage and the removal of plasters as well as to prevent infections around cuts and grazes. But mostly it simply looks better and feels better. It's not necessary in winter, it's mostly numpties without proper clothing who wear shorts then.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

el tel wrote:
    But mostly it simply looks better and feels better.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

It look better when racing. we like to look good on a bilke vanity i think so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Who gets a massage after a bike ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

i guess if you were injured, or in need of physio. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Planet X wrote:
    Who gets a massage after a bike ride?

Most top level racers would, dissipates lactic acid build ups. Hope that is a satisfactory answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i crashed my bike yesterday and know i wish i had my legs shaved, fell on my knee and bandaged it up, was taking it off and the pain of it took have my hair off as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Stereophonic

Sorry to hear that... Yeh as OP said with lactic Acid is bang on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Robin1982

Always thought it was more of a badge of honour thing.

Not convinced by this scrapes idea. How often do people actually fall and why not arms then too?

Advertisement