Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks&Spencer

Options
  • 30-08-2007 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Marks are due to open in Fairgreen center before Christmas according to Westmeath Examiner.I heard from a member of staff that is due to transfer to it that it should be open by 30 November.

They also said that New Look (fashion) and one other shop to be annonced
    will also be moving in to Fairgreen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

At last some kind of shops are heading for the fairgreen I always tought that place was a dead donkey. My mum cant wait fir M&S to open. Hopefully argos will come as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

They do some really good foods branded M&S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Theres a delay with the branch going into the new shopping centre in
    Athlone and it will not be opening in October as previously expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Saint_Mel wrote:
    Theres a delay with the branch going into the new shopping centre in
    Athlone and it will not be opening in October as previously expected.

1st of november now i think

The opening of the entire centre has now been back until Nov 1st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

So only 6 days to go? Hehe. I dont think so! Still looking very quiet down there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

They reckon it will indeed by 1st November. How anyone's going to get to it is another matter.

Occidental wrote: »
    They reckon it will indeed by 1st November. How anyone's going to get to it is another matter.

Is the Cresent being blocked off today or over the weekend?

For people coming in th eBallymahon/Cavan road then the only ways in then
    will either be via the Dublin Road or else up through Arcadia and around past
    Beech Park and the hospital?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

The Crescent seems to be a movable feast at the moment. It's not supposed to be completed until early December and in the mean time I'd try and avoid it as you never know what it's going to be like. There is talk of a new road going in from Kilmartins to Golden Island, behind the Dublin Road, but I'm sure that's at least a year or two away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Finally a M&S in Mullingar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Saruman wrote: »
    Finally a M&S in Mullingar.
    Is it open?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

was meant to be nov 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wetminger

A Wear is also opening in Fairgreen... all we need now is Next and Argos to sort the town out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Real shops in the Gar!! At last!!

:eek:oh my god... Mullingar looks like it going to be my new shopping haven!!!!!!!! :D:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭DAWNRISER

Class comes to Mullingar

At last an M&S that I dont have to pack an overnight bag to get to!!!!

IT's not a bad one either, selection of clothes , food, and a cafe!!!!!

Whats next for Mullingar ? Debenhams? Argos?

Oh theres a New Look in the Fair Green now as well!!!
    Us Mullingarian won't know ourselves!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭fluffytulip

wow m&s and newlook!!!!!

Anyone been in the new m&s yet? Is it liffey valley size? surely its bigger than the crappy one in athlone!! and new look really am gonna have to take a trip :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

wow m&s and newlook!!!!!

Anyone been in the new m&s yet? Is it liffey valley size? surely its bigger than the crappy one in athlone!! and new look really am gonna have to take a trip :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

I was in it ,it is much smaller than Liffey Valley .The unit looks about the same as Pennys although maybe not as deep.The coffee place is small .The food hall is a lot smaller than Liffey Valley but there seems to be a lot in it .

I was in there on thursday so the place was jammed so i just had a quick look and then left.I have never been in the Athlone shop so can't compare with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭fluffytulip

thanks for the quick reply!

cool well will defo have a spin to mullingar this week to check it out. btw the one is athlone is TINY sooo would not be worth your time even visiting it!!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Oh its open now? Was going to go to Tullamore but i think i will head to Mullingar instead, much closer anyway :D

• Advertisement

Well i went yesterday, not very big now.. useless mens section. the food area was ok, got some nice stuff but damn it, very expensive. Was also getting two bottles of mullwed wine but was told i had 4 mins to go before i could get it? It was 12:26, i thought it was 12:00 on a sunday... Anyway the Queue was like at Lidl so i did not fancy getting back in a Queue.

Oh how cool, so whats the new M&S like? As big as Pennys? thats fairly decent. Does it do home wares?

No and no...
    Its not as big as Penneys, then again penneys is not so big either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

very disappointing mens section its tiny, went to dunnes today for a couple of shirts for work then taught m&s so went there and the price of the shirts up €39 and no tie, went next door into pennys got a couple of nice cotton bulter and webb shirt & tie sets €20 each great value.

hey all!!

Just quick question....Whats new look like in mullingar?is it worth the spin over from tullamore?:confused:

Thanks......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 69donal

Mullingar would be slightly bigger than athlones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Pretty small, Pretty poor selection.
    The small businesses of Mullingar breathe a sigh of relief. But Aldi are just around the corner

Yeah its small enough but not that bad, i reckon it is bigger than Athlones. However there is good news on the horizon for the Mullingar store. The shopping centre is being extended and its reported that M&S want more space such has been the success of the store, so they can increase their product offering even further. Hopefully its converted into a full on department store with more mens and homewares. This is great news. I cant see the Athlone store however being able to extend as the town centre development is more restricted in shape/size.

Other good news for shoppers in Mullingar is Aldi is opening soon on the Green road, Argos Extra is finally opening in the new Lynn Retail Park, Sasha is opening on Austin Friar street and Tommy Hilfiger is opening on Dominick street. TH is opening in the building the examiner used to own, so this time i think they cant be wrong. On the bad news front, the Benetton stores lease on the corner of Pearse and Castle street is up for sale so they must be either shutting down or relocating - hopefully the latter.

Advertisement