Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a CD Duplication Machine

Options
  • 30-08-2007 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking to build a low cost CD duplication machine from scratch. I can't seem to source any duplicator cases here in Ireland. Anyway, can someone advise how I should do it?

I was thinking of getting a reasonable old motherboard and a few IDE PCI cards and maybe 8 DVD burners with a decent set of fans and a decent power supply. A very small internal hard drive (already have) and install Ubuntu on the thing and use k3b to burn the discs.

Could this work?

Kev

Mod edit: Discussion of mass CD duplication is forbidden thread locked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I dont see why not to be honest. But would you not need to run 8 instances of the program to burn to 8 dvd drives? If so you will need somehting fairly decent spec. A old dual core and a few gigs or ram. Im not 100% sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kevpatts

I think k3b can burn to multiple drives simultaneously. Anyway, Ubuntu only needs minimal RAM as does k3b. I think I'll get away with 128/256 megs once it's tuned a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement