Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ripwave

Options
  • 30-08-2007 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

How do I access the ripwave menu?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

There is no such thing as the Ripwave menu! You just plug the Ripwave modem into your PC or Laptop and that's it. The only way you can connect to the modem is through the Navini software that's supplied in the box on CD. This will give you limited info though like signal quality & signal strength, base station ID etc. You won't be able to change any settings though...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you have ethernet rather than USB connection, don't install any ripwave software.

You may want a separate ethernet WAN router (called cable router by Argos) as Firewall/Nat and optionally WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

without double threadinghttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53860955#post53860955,
    i am have a router i want to connect but its not getting the ip from the ripwave, hence my question about the ripwave menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You sure it is an ethernet WAN router? One with an ADSL modem built in won't work.

Firstly, you should check if the ripwave modem works when it's plugged directly into the laptop / PC. If so, then it sounds like the problem might be with the WAN settings on the router...I've a D-Link and options I'm given on the WAN settings page are : Dynamic IP Address, Static IP Address, PPPoE & Others. These settings affect how the router receives an IP address from the modem. You'll need to find out how to connect to the settings page of the router (normally by opening your web browser and typing in the I.P. something like 192.168.0.1) then look for the WAN settings and make sure it is set to Dynamic IP Address or D.H.C.P.
    Save the settings and see if that works...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Did you previously have a different "broadband" [sic] provider ? If so, check the network TCP/IP settings on the computer to make sure they're set to "obtain automatically".....one friend of mine was nearly sending back their modem before we copped that the settings were still there for the previous box (which, incidentally, had been RipWave.....now I'm wondering why they were set manually.....maybe there's a problem with some of the RipWave boxes (apart from the obvious one, that is....that they actually qualify as BB)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

All the settings are correct (dhcp,dymanic ip etc). ripwave works find connected to pc, the problem only arrises when the router is introduced. I tried another router and still the problem persists. I finally gave up and ordered dsl on the phone line.

DSL will be much better but...the very last thing I can think off (which happened to me, twice) is if you've been using the Ripwave modem connected directly to the computer for a prolonged period of time is that it 'binds' itself to the MAC address of your network card and when you plug it into a router like you did, it just won't work. I posted a very similar message on this board a while back and someone that worked in IBB messaged me privately telling me of this and sorted it out for me. It happened again a while later and I called up IBB support. The guy on the phone hadn't a clue what I was talking about and denied that it was the case. He was trying to tell me it was my network card drivers etc but when I told him it happened me before and to talk to his level 2 support, low and behold...2 hours later it was fixed and has been working perfectly for me since.

Advertisement