Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*championship Manager*

• 30-08-2007 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or are the old championship manager games a lot better than the FM ones?? Can't get enough of CM.....FM overcomplicates stuff!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I'd say its just you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

CM3 was the best, most playable game of all. If you go back now though, you'ld be bored after 20 minutes due to the lack of depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Still play hours of cm 01/02 a day[mainly beause of updates released by this fantasic site : http://www.champman0102.co.uk/Forum/index.php].Ever cm/fm after 01/02 felt tacky and souless to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

I was a fan of the CM games but only truely got addicted when it became FM. Love the game and cannot wait till the 19th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

CM 01/02 was the best of all Champ Man or Football Manager games..

its just not the same anymore:o

does anyone know where I could pick up a new version of 01/02?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I probably have it. I'll let you know later when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I agree. I used to think CM97/98 was amazing (although seems a bit easy now).

CM01/02 is my favourite game ever, I don't like the new FM's much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

First one I ever played was 95/96 I think, where you could only pick teams in Scotland, England or Italy. Patrick Kluivert was sensational in that game. For the record, my first ever signing in a CM game was Georgi Kinkladze for Man Utd from City! :)

Always thought 00/01 was the best myself, played it up until last year when I got FM 07. Im really impressed with FM 08 though, once the patch is out and Sort It Out SI is updated, it could well be the best one yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

At the time I enjoyed CM 01/02 the most, but nowadays it has no depth and looks very **** to be honest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Unearthly wrote: »
    At the time I enjoyed CM 01/02 the most, but nowadays it has no depth and looks very **** to be honest.

I would have thought the issue with Football Manager was too much depth TBH :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

does anyone know where I could pick up a new version of 01/02?

Their only about a fiver on ebay and play.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

marco_polo wrote: »
    I would have thought the issue with Football Manager was too much depth TBH :)
    Thats what i love about the game. You can get so into it and there is always something to do rather than just keep clicking continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It's all about taste really but I like messing around with all the new features that are given. CM 01/02 doesn't even have the 2d match engine, I couldn't possibly play without that now! There are many more to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Still play hours of cm 01/02 a day[mainly beause of updates released by this fantasic site : http://www.champman0102.co.uk/Forum/index.php].Ever cm/fm after 01/02 felt tacky and souless to me.

nice heads up on that site!

got me a 01/02 for free.

running like a dream.

the updates on that site are unbelievably well done. im leeds in the second division atm:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

jobonar wrote: »
    I was a fan of the CM games but only truely got addicted when it became FM.

I'm gonna agree exactly with what you said... Bang on 100%, used to occasionally play championship manager games, got the new FM, can't stop playing... (Although i suck, got fired by Cork City, restarted, got fired by cork city again...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭passatman86

Can I play championship manqger 01_02 from xbox original on the 360
    Or do I need internet or updates

Advertisement