Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the €885 fees

Options
  • 30-08-2007 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

i paid 100 of this when i got my acceptance from UL i June, and on enrolment they want proof that i paid the balance on the giro slip.

Now, it says it is payable by my locall authority. Does this mean I ask the local authority for it or should I pay it now and get a refund in the coming months?

and i assume these fees payable by the local authority are not dependent on whether i get a grant or not???

Comments

I assume you're talking about the registration fee? The reg fee this year is €825, so that is all the local authority will pay for you if your receive a grant. If you applied for a grant, simply ring up the grants/fees office in UL to let them know that you have applied for one, and they should take it up with the Council. However, because they are looking for €885 instead of €825, UL might have additional levies charged which the council will not cover, so you will have to pay these yourself (unless they have schemes in place so that people who receive grants don't have to pay these, but that's completely internal college stuff).

So get onto UL yourself to let them know. They may ask for you to pay the money and to then receive a refund - tell them where to go (in polite terms) if they do this. It slightly negates the point of the grant system if you've forced to throw together nearly a grand when you're supposed to be under some manner of financial hardship (relatively or otherwise).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

thanks for that

i phoned the fees office in UL and she said this would only be refunded if I was "granted" a grant by limerick county council.

i was under the impression all along that i didnt have to pay fees AS i had never been to college before, and it was a separate issue from the grant itself :eek:

oh the correct amount is 895, less 100 i have paid. so i owe 795 including 70 levy

Advertisement