Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bioshock freezing

• 30-08-2007 7:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone else had their copy of bioshock freeze?

when im playing mine, perhaps every 10-15 minutes, it stalls just for a split second, as if you were lagging online.
    this can occur if you are fighting multiple enemies on screen, or walking down an empty corridor

just wondering if anyone else has had the issue

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

The framerate dropped pretty drastically for me on occasion alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Try clearing the cache:

Turn on Bioshock, hold down the left bumper and right bumper buttons right away. Hold them until you see the 2K Games logo fade to black. Let go of the buttons. That should clear the cache for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Last night the game froze for a few seconds whenever it was loading, never happened before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Happening to me too :(
    Has just completely locked up most times, usually happens when I try to use or hack something, so it seems like my dvd drive, the disk looks fine.
    Really p*ssin me off cos I have to keep saving every 5 minutes.

Anyone else seeing loads of pop up? The objects are there just the detail of an object isn't but then just appears when I'd turn to it/get closer. A 10/10 game shouldn't do this. Other tan that a cracking game really enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

no other game does this, so dont think its the console

• Advertisement

Did you try the cache thing already?

no, ill do that when im at home, but i just mean in general, i have no issue with other games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

lafors wrote:
    Anyone else seeing loads of pop up? The objects are there just the detail of an object isn't but then just appears when I'd turn to it/get closer. A 10/10 game shouldn't do this. Other tan that a cracking game really enjoying it so far.

Nah, haven't had that issue once yet nor any lock ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Havent seen anything like that yet. Enjoying it so far.

koneko wrote:
    Try clearing the cache:

Turn on Bioshock, hold down the left bumper and right bumper buttons right away. Hold them until you see the 2K Games logo fade to black. Let go of the buttons. That should clear the cache for the game.

worked great, cheers:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The pop up thing is a fault with the Unreal Engine in general. Happened with Gears of War too.

event wrote:
    worked great, cheers:D

Cool, np :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

In the GameSpot review the talked about this issue, it is the game and not the console. It only freezes for a sec or two, nothing major. I f you play PC games all the time you wouldn't even notice it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I've had it stutter for a second on one occassion, which was no biggy. Another time though it completely froze on me and I had to reboot the console. It didn't happen when I was trying to do anything in particular like hacking, just walking down a hall. The console had been running the game at that stage though for about 6 hours straight, so I just put it down to that (I hope!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭cashman

Theres supposed to be a new update for Bioshock on XBLive I read this on an Xbox website. This update fixes the framerate and lag problems on the game:D

yeah got that update last night so should be fine now

Advertisement