Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims - computer wrecker??

Options
  • 30-08-2007 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Maybe I'm wrong and its something else but does anyone else find that after installing a sims game that their computer becomes much slower??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

It used to really slow down my old computer( Win98, barely any RAM, 10gig HD etc..) But havent tried it on a decent computer, it might have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

juror wrote:
    Maybe I'm wrong and its something else but does anyone else find that after installing a sims game that their computer becomes much slower??

You're saying your pc has slowed down simply by installing it rather than the system requirements to play the game?

Answer is no. Further answer is apart from a possible memory leak installing a game shouldn't slow your machine simply by being installed unless say for example you have almost 0 hard drive memory left since the install and your machine is thrashing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭angelsfire

Well depending on which sims you're installing, the sims1 is big plus if you have any of the expansion packs installed as well, that is a huge amount of memory being used for that game to play. You really need a decent pc if you are going to play either of the sims games. If you look at the booklet included with the game, it will give you the least amount of specs to run that game, but a really good pc with vast amount of memory and ram is what you need. I mean I have a duo core and 2g of memory in my puter and it still crashes on me sometimes, but then I downloads tons of extras for it as well!!;) Hope that helps!!:)

Advertisement