Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant figure out if wiggle deliver bikes to ireland!

Options
  • 30-08-2007 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭

I moved this from the Recommended Links thread.
    figs86 wrote:
    cant figure out if wiggle deliver bikes to ireland!
    wanted to order bike from wiggle as theyre about 80e cheaper than here.

they say in certain areas that they deliver to irish republic and then tehy say they dont deliver bikes by priority mail to ireland - cant figure out if they deliver bikes here or not?

anybody able to figure it out for certain or has anyone received a bike from them?

thanks!
    Have to asked Wiggle? I think that they will know. :cool:
    IIRC there was a thread yesterday where someone reported getting a bike delivered to Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

yeah they do i have had mates who bought bikes online from wiggle and had them delivered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Yup, they deliver, €20 i think. Got my roadie off them a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

cunnins4 wrote:
    Yup, they deliver, €20 i think. Got my roadie off them a couple of months ago.

€20 for a whole bike? Are you sure? I've sourced complete bikes from GB before, but the price was more like €40 or €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Is it that difficult to find the relevant page, two clicks from the front. Help > Bike Delivery ...

20 sterling

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/CustomerServices/BulkDelivery.aspx

rob1891 wrote:
    Is it that difficult to find the relevant page, two clicks from the front. Help > Bike Delivery ...

20 sterling

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/CustomerServices/BulkDelivery.aspx

oops, yeah 20quid sterling. i can't access wiggle in work, so i couldn't check.

They're very efficient i have to say. I've bought more stuff off them since and I get 10% off because i bought a bike off them in the last year. I refered a friend this week to buy an SCR3.0 and i got a voucher for 10% of what he paid for the bike and he got a free pair of sunglasses.

• Advertisement

cunnins4 wrote:
    oops, yeah 20quid sterling. i can't access wiggle in work, so i couldn't check.

They're very efficient i have to say. I've bought more stuff off them since and I get 10% off because i bought a bike off them in the last year. I refered a friend this week to buy an SCR3.0 and i got a voucher for 10% of what he paid for the bike and he got a free pair of sunglasses.
    didn't mean you, but the original poster!

Some more friendly advice: if it is a 500+ euro bike you are potentially giving yourself a lot of hassle for the sake of 50 euro. I'd consider getting it in Ireland if the shop is reputable. Fitting, collecting instead of delivery and warranty-returns are all a lot easier with a good bricks&mortar shop (cyclesuperstore, cycle inn, bike rack only!)

rob1891 wrote:
    didn't mean you, but the original poster!

Some more friendly advice: if it is a 500+ euro bike you are potentially giving yourself a lot of hassle for the sake of 50 euro. I'd consider getting it in Ireland if the shop is reputable. Fitting, collecting instead of delivery and warranty-returns are all a lot easier with a good bricks&mortar shop (cyclesuperstore, cycle inn, bike rack only!)

You've definitely got a point there man. The bike set me back 1200, an equivalent with cyclesuperstore was 1500 (lapierre of some sort-exact same spec and weight) I think the fit is fine-i moved the saddle back about an inch and everything's going hunky dorry. I'm gonna get a proper fit done in cycleways next week anyway, but from what i can tell it's a good fit.

I've got full warranty from wiggle and the only real hastle is returning it should anything go wrong. 500k on the clock and all's going well. No problems so far(touches head). I do all my servicing myself except for BB, so i'm well able to maintain it. Although the Ultegra stuff looks a bit fancier than the stuff on my hardrock!

My friend's only getting a 500quid bike and he should probably've gone bricks and mortar, but he saved 150quid, so it's a good saving - hopefully he'll have no problems. If he does he's always got me to help him out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Got a road bike last year. £50.

Planet X wrote:
    Got a road bike last year. £50.

well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

rob1891 wrote:

I disagree, it's on the more expensive bikes that the big savings are made. It's not worth the hassle only saving €20 on a bike, but for €200, it is. A decent make should be reliable, and, if you're spending that much, you should really learn how to fix things yourself. I've bought bikes online, ebay etc... and always saved a fair amount of cash with no problems.

• Advertisement

Planet X TT
    £67.
    Yesterday.
    I'll deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

What are you talking about Planet X. I have some planet x kit myself. Do you really have one of their TT bikes, if so how do you find it ?

Mucco wrote:
    I disagree, it's on the more expensive bikes that the big savings are made. It's not worth the hassle only saving €20 on a bike, but for €200, it is. A decent make should be reliable, and, if you're spending that much, you should really learn how to fix things yourself. I've bought bikes online, ebay etc... and always saved a fair amount of cash with no problems.
    What exactly are you disagreeing with? The o.p. is saving 50 euros on a bike of unknown value, you and I both seem to think that it's a pittance and not worth the hassle. So what is your point?

What's the point of this thread? The shopper is not bothered to read the shop's terms, posters are not bothered to read the posts.

*unsubscribed*

Yes Quigs. Got a Stealth. It's in the air, being delivered either today or tomorrow. End of season but going to give it the big push next season.
    But, they phoned me yesterday quoting £67. Probably the most expensive quote I've got for mail to Irl. Dolan were quoting me £20 odd for a frame to be posted over. Don't know how PX arrived at that price.
    Anyway.................

...........the bike was £1299 a few months ago, down to £999 now. It seems that they're bringing in a new monocoque frame.

Should save about 2 seconds on a 25!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭figs86

just to clear it up i highlighted my prob, that wiggle offered 2 seemingly contradictory points on their website, read the original post properly!

to find this out i obviously looked through the website extensively and i used the tool at my disposal of boards.ie to help me, whats so wrong with that!?!?!

and bike was 400e so 12.5% saving of 50e for an empoverished student!

dont understand why anybody would begrudgingly post stupid stuff like saying its obvious and posting info i obviously already have instead of reading original post properly and it being fairly evident i already know the simple info they posted.

you'd be careful too if it was your money on the line.

much love,
    figs

Advertisement