Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone please explain the Fúcking ending to Bioshock for me please? [SPOILERS!]

Options
  • 30-08-2007 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭

Dont read if you aint finished the game.

Well wtf kind of ending was that? are you left there, to roam around rapture as a big daddy?

Where you ever out of rapture at all your whole life?

I remember Fontaine/Atlas boss as he died saying something about that you where actually born in rapture, but he allowed you free and you came back? But earlier in the game he said you never left rapture?

wtf am I missing something here?

Then I hear a voice over and see a load of splicers rise up and slash some fúcking fishermen or some shít.

Actually, anyone have a link to someone just about the defeat Atlas/Fontaine so I can watch the whole thing again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Dont read if you aint finished the game.

Well wtf kind of ending was that? are you left there, to roam around rapture as a big daddy?

Where you ever out of rapture at all your whole life?

I remember Fontaine/Atlas boss as he died saying something about that you where actually born in rapture, but he allowed you free and you came back? But earlier in the game he said you never left rapture?

wtf am I missing something here?

Then I hear a voice over and see a load of splicers rise up and slash some fúcking fishermen or some shít.

Actually, anyone have a link to someone just about the defeat Atlas/Fontaine so I can watch the whole thing again?

I take it thats the bad ending then.
    Been told you raise an army and are going to take over the world.

I had the good ending though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Maybe you missed some audio logs or didn't listen to them. As I understand it.... (leaving a big space for spoilers in case someone isn't paying attention and wandered into this thread)

Ryan is your father, he got a hooker (Jasmine) pregnant and she sold the embryo/baby/whatever to Fontaine who had it genetically altered and brainwashed. It isn't exactly clear how old you are or when you were sent to the surface, there's one audio log that describes your unusual growth (something along those lines), it seems like it could be a fairly short while that you were away, and your memories of a family and life were fake, as Fontaine says to you. When he sends you to the "surface", you're his escape clause, his secret weapon. Ryan and Fontaine end up in a power struggle, Fontaine fakes his own death/"dies" (Atlas is his alter-ego character that he uses to rally people, his rebel fighter that people look up to).

Then when the time came he called you back, he can control you and make you do whatever he wants. You come back on the plane, note the package at the start that tells you "Would you kindly not open this package until.....". Presumed it was a gift from his parents but it's not, it could contain a gun and the reason the plane crashed is because you high jacked (controlled of course). So you end up in Rapture. Atlas/Fontaine uses you to do his bidding, he wants to get out of Rapture and uses you to get to the sub (the bit with his "family"). Ryan messes up that plan and Atlas/Fontaine freaks out and tell you to go kill Ryan. Eventually you find out everything. The vitapods and bathyspheres can only be used by Ryan and his family, as one audio log describes, which is why Fontaine needs you, you're Ryan's son.

The bit with the sub is you escaping and most likely mad with Adam-power, possibly wanting to take over the world. Fontaine is gone now, you're the one with all the Adam, you're the one that gets to control the splicers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

From a audio log i heard it seems you were sent to the outside world from rapture when you were two years old by tenebaum and fontaine, i would guess fontaine saying you never left would be the fact that he controlled what you did so never left not in a physical way but more of a mental way. I also think in both endings its takin as rapture is gone for good.

this is the bad ending
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=k_21hbMXvyg

this is the good ending
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=mTtrbvhqJV4

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Why would rapture be destoyed. From what I understand, good ending - you have a family (the little sisters) and live out a normal life with them, bad ending - you're addicted to adam and control rapture and all the splicers and have started attacking the surface.

What I want to know is what happened to the creator of the little sisters, she just seems to get left behind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wow

I just ended bioshock

up until Fontaine.. I had every intention of playing the game from the beginning straight away, not even to find out what happens if you played as a 'bad' guy.. but just because it was so fun.

after that ending... I've no desire to play the game any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

ok "LALALALA" I didn't read any of the above as I haven't finished the game yet, but why does Ryan make you kill him? Is this explained later?

Also what happens if I don't kill all the little sisters? Is there 3 endings, 1 if you kill all of them, 1 if you kill a few and save a few, and one if you save all of them?

They way I heard it, Ryan knew he was doomed so he used his death to prove to you were a slave and not a man. And that he was a man because he could choose his own actions, in his mind having the last laugh I guess.

There's two endings. The first time I played through I accidentally killed one of the sisters but still got the good ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

whitetrash wrote:
    There's two endings. The first time I played through I accidentally killed one of the sisters but still got the good ending.

That's weird, one of my friends accidently killed one too but said she got the bad ending...
    I got the good ending myself though, and was only a wee bit confused at the end of the whole experience :D

Yeah, from what I've read around most people say you get the bad ending if you kill any of them. But I was running along and hit the reload button just as I went by one and it went into the harvesting animation, and I just thought to myself aaaahhhhh bollocks. I'd been careful up until then to rescue all of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

There's an in-depth interview at shacknews with the game designer, Ken Levine with some fascinating insight into the development behind the storyline. Worth a read for any bioshock fans.

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=539

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

There are three ending, however two of them are the same thing but with a different tone of voice.

Advertisement