Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places for picnic near Galway

Options
  • 30-08-2007 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a nice quiet spot where one could have a Picnic for two of a Saturday afternoon. It needs to be somewhere near enough to Galway (no more than 20 mins drive or so).

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Renville Park just the other side of Oranmore, it's quietish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Coole Park gets my vote,near Gort.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yup I Can recommend either Renville or Coole for a relaxed atmosphere. Although Renville is a lot closer to town and the green has a nice view out over the bay, best spot in Galway to watch the sun set (on a clear night)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

the cliff in Silverstrand, could be busy-ish though, or down by the sailing club/golf course in Oranmore (is that Renville?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

You could try Menlo Castle if your in a rambling mood, although Renville Woods or indeed Barna Woods would get my vote. Renville has a nice new BBQ type area now beside the newly done up childrens play ground so worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Coole Park; nice walk through the woods, too.

Or Furbo beach; take the laneway beside Padraichins (or however it's spelf these days).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

majiktripp wrote:
    Barna Woods would get my vote

The place is gone to ****e,its very cut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

South park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

biko wrote:
    South park
    Don't ya get cancer in south park from all that heavy metal that was dumped there previous to it being a park? At least thats what the corpo dont want ya to think...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm already a smoker mate, cancer is pretty certain for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

majiktripp wrote:
    You could try Menlo Castle if your in a rambling mood, although Renville Woods or indeed Barna Woods would get my vote. Renville has a nice new BBQ type area now beside the newly done up childrens play ground so worth a look.

Menlo Castle is nice but on nice day's it's full of knackers drinkin there.

Barna Woods - Are ye havin a laugh?

Defo Rinville. BTW that BBQ place beside the children's playground has been there for as long as I can remember, over 10 years... unless they've done it up again?

Advertisement