Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK Roaming with USB 3G Modem on Voda?

• 30-08-2007 10:00am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whats the story with using the 3G modem in the UK, I know that calls are the same over there now but is data?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Yes

edit:no :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I would ring up vodas CC to be sure it is activated on your account. I once heard of someone who rang up a grand in data charges while roaming to a "free" country.

SDooM wrote:
    I would ring up vodas CC to be sure it is activated on your account. I once heard of someone who rang up a grand in data charges while roaming to a "free" country.
    he didn't mention vodafone so i think his is the modem from the 3 network which can be used at no extra cost. The vodafone one can't

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Have a look at the thread title ;)

It is a voda modem, so the answer is no?

But the the 3 3G ones can be used over there? Thats interesting, hopefully the others will follow suit.

Rew wrote:
    Have a look at the thread title ;)

It is a voda modem, so the answer is no?
    Didn't notice that :) some of the thread titles are cut off when posting from a phone
    Rew wrote:
    hopefully the others will follow suit.
    wouldn't bet on it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah, the smallest mobile companies tend to move much, much faster than the large ones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Yes

No!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I got the data rates for the UK off Voda and you would want to be off your rocker to use their device in the UK!!

culabula wrote:
    No!
    yeah we covered that :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

yeah we covered that :o

So I saw after pressing Enter. Incidentally you were right about ringing 333 from the datamodem SIM -it does work. Trouble is, I can't determine if it's chargeable or not (can't remember what thread we originally brought this up in).

• Advertisement
Advertisement