Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offaly Helicopters

• 30-08-2007 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi, just wondered could anybody tell me if they know anything about the black helicopter that flies around west offaly every week (thursday in my area). It flies very low to the ground up and down in stripes moving over everytime.
    >
    turn
    <
    turn ect

It flies so close to my house sometimes i think it is going to land but it never stalls just keeps flying very low to ground

Could it be surveying or looking for backyard burning?
    If anyone could shed some light it would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

aerial photography maybe either....i think ive seen this flying over the tullamore area, its so low, its very unusual! could be the epa, with the backyard burning like ya said. i don't know........but lads 'tis annoying!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

123579674 wrote:
    hi, just wondered could anybody tell me if they know anything about the black helicopter that flies around west offaly every week (thursday in my area). It flies very low to the ground up and down in stripes moving over everytime.
    >
    turn
    <
    turn ect

It flies so close to my house sometimes i think it is going to land but it never stalls just keeps flying very low to ground

Could it be surveying or looking for backyard burning?
    If anyone could shed some light it would be much appreciated

I think you happened upon one of de local lads practicing for the National Air Ploughing Competition ;) or somebody fed up with their Jetski/Speedboat/Yacht decided to buy a new toy and is just 'running it in' ;)

Advertisement