Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas on Friday night?

Options
  • 30-08-2007 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hi myself and hubby staying in naas on Friday night. Any recommendations of places to go? Restaurant, pubs, clubs?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

All depends on what you like to eat and what kind of atmosphere you want:

Food:
    The Great City is a nice chinese, and very well priced.
    The LemonGrass has Thai food, I am not mad on the place but others seem to like it.
    The Weeping Thaiger is another Thai place. Excellent food but the decor is very minimalist and the only desert is Hagen Daz.
    Les Olives is more upmarket and pricey. I have not yet been but I hear it has very good food though (heading there myself this Friday).

Drink:
    Haydens is a busy pub. No background music but a nice atmosphere.
    Fletchers is nice old style pub. Great Guinness. No music and good for a chat.
    Kavanaghs is a really busy pub, good atmosphere.
    Lawlors hotel is only recently re-opened after a total refurb. A nice place, usually they have music and a guy on the piano or guitar.

Graces is a younger persons place with a late bar and loud music.

Clubbing:
    The only places worth mentioning are:
    Time: A huge venue, very impressive and full of kids that are shipped in from neighbouring counties.
    The Court: A smaller venue with an older crowd.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Graces and Lawlors both have late bars, but Time is the only club worth mentioning. Supposedly one of the best clubs in Ireland, though I have my doubts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Time is pretty impressive alright....if it was in Dublin it'd be good but not in Naas (no offence)....like prospect said, it's just full of bus loads of Meath/Kildare/Offaly etc kids....not somewhere I think you and the hubby would appreciate really....I'd go with Fletchers or Lawlor's pub if a few quiet drinks and a chat is what ye're after.

Well, where did you end up going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

is Graces a good spot for music??..have heard they have a rock night on thursday nights,.is this true??....Id luvv to bring my classic rock band to naas,,,but were biig loud and brash but also top notch!,,,and am not sure any place could really handle our sound....but if poss I'd luuuv to do it,,,since Im living in Naas myself

any thoughts folks??

ciao' amigos...Baggio.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

time is an amzing club in terms of the layout and visually.the music however is the same as any other club in the country-cheesey ****, R&B and the type of dance music that gives dance music a bad name.shame becuase it has so much potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

A bit late for the OP but I was in Lawlors for the first time on Saturday night and there is a nice buzz about the place. A guy on a piano was giving it loads and the staff were good. The food in the restaurant was nice without being spectacular but it was very busy.

How did you get on in Les Olives Prospect, I've been meaning to check it out but haven't had the chance yet.

Les Olives is not cheap, but it is wonderful food.

I had Fillet of beef and it is the nicest i have ever had.
    My wife had roast duck, and it is the nicest I have ever tasted.

The atmosphere is casual-formal and there is nothing snobby about the staff. I would recommend to anyone, but because of the prices, I would keep it for special occasions.

(I think it was about €130 for 2 people 2xstarter-2xmain course-1xmineral-1xglass of wine-2xdesert-2x coffee)

Advertisement