Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Business to Home Premium

• 30-08-2007 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm thinking about buying a Sony laptop. It has vista business installed but I want Home Premium, or maybe Ultimate.

Is it expensive to upgrade? Do I have to buy an upgrade pack or is there any cheaper way to change from Business to Home Premium?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Vista includes a built in upgrade mechanism called Windows AnyTime Upgrade, you can find it in the control panel, you do have to pay for the upgrade I don't recall what the current price is but it will tell you.

The only upgrade path for the business version of Vista is to the ultimate version as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

8T8 wrote:
    Vista includes a built in upgrade mechanism called Windows AnyTime Upgrade, you can find it in the control panel, you do have to pay for the upgrade I don't recall what the current price is but it will tell you.

The only upgrade path for the business version of Vista is to the ultimate version as far as I know.
    Correct.
    It would be cheaper to buy an OEM copy of Ultimate and install it.
    I'm not sure of the cost to upgrade Business to Ultimate but as an example, it costs E202.30 to go from Hone Premium to Ultimate through AnyTime Upgrade. Business would probably be a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Any reason you want to change? The only difference between the two is that Business doesn't have the DVD maker (I use Nero instead) and it doesn't have the Media Center (which I wouldn't use anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

Soundman wrote:
    Any reason you want to change? The only difference between the two is that Business doesn't have the DVD maker (I use Nero instead) and it doesn't have the Media Center (which I wouldn't use anyway).

I was wondering that myself. The business version does me.

Advertisement