Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Facelifted Ford Focus

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Looks much the same to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks much the same to me.

To be expected from a mid life facelift really.

Mondeo steering wheel, wing mirrors and front style headlamps. It's the interior that really needed changing imo. Soft touch plastics and more modern switch gear needed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No baz.

That black car, apart from the bonnet and front bumper (which are disguised), is the current Focus. The steering wheel is a current one too I have one on my (Zetec). Mirrors are from a current Ghia I think.

My guess is that the black car is a "mule" for testing some minor innovation.

The upcoming facelift will see an all new exterior I understand. More minor revisions to the interior too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Looks the same really doesn't it?

I'd export more, the article says "the new nose – with its raised bonnet, revamped headlights, fresh grille and reprofiled bumpers – is clear to see"

Not clear for me to see looks the same as the current focus?

The front looks a bit crap IMHO, far too high up - maybe fogs would help and decent alloys

No baz.

That black car, apart from the bonnet and front bumper (which are disguised), is the current Focus. The steering wheel is a current one too I have one on my (Zetec). Mirrors are from a current Ghia I think.

The upcoming facelift will see an all new exterior I understand. More minor revisions to the interior too.

I'm confused here. The original article from autoexpress a few months ago said that the revamped Focus due early next year would have a totally different exterior like the illustrated photo and fall into line with the Mondeo and S-Max. Now this week they are showing spy shots of the same car (the black one) which is just a facelifted version of the current car since 2005.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

No baz.

Almost right except the mirrors are new, where the indicator lens extends half way long the bottom. Headlamp unit has been completely revised with the indicators now next to the grille as opposed to the long yellow strip along the edge beside the wing as in the current model. Reversing light is no longer integrated with a reflector light. The aluminum trim around the instrument dials is more prominent like the s-max/mondeo which leads me to believe that the instrument binnacle is shared so that HMI display functionality can be extended to the Focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

the black version looks like some modifier in training was given cheap plastic parts and cable ties. it looks dreadful to say the least and I like ford cars

the silver version shown above imo looks very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

when is the revamp due to hit the shops?

Vegeta wrote:
    the black version looks like some modifier in training was given cheap plastic parts and cable ties. it looks dreadful to say the least and I like ford cars

the silver version shown above imo looks very nice

Black car is wearing "disguised" front bumper, bonnet, and grille. It's the current Focus bodyshape apart from these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The black one is as boring to look at inside and out as the current one.

What ever happened to the one shown on Auto Express?

• Advertisement

That's because it is the current one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

E92 wrote:
    What ever happened to the one shown on Auto Express?

In the original thread about this I said the facelifted Focus would look identical to the current one bar the front looking a bit like the current C-Max. Auto Express's original story was just a pathetic attempt to sell a few magazines.

That's because it is the current one!

Thats what I thought, until I saw the wing mirror mounted indicators and redesigned rear light section.
    maidhc wrote:
    In the original thread about this I said the facelifted Focus would look identical to the current one bar the front looking a bit like the current C-Max. Auto Express's original story was just a pathetic attempt to sell a few magazines.

Such a pity as I think the silver one is a great looking car.

Having read the actual article via the link posted here, I now know there is a good reason why I don't buy/read Auto Express.
    See what maidhc said above and you'll find the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Auto Express are like the motoring equivelant of the Sun. they praise certain cars when they're launched or they get exclusive test drives, then slag them off as soon as they've been on the market a few months.
    Of course they have their firm favourites, as do all motoring magazines.

colm_mcm wrote:
    Auto Express are like the motoring equivelant of the Sun. they praise certain cars when they're launched or they get exclusive test drives, then slag them off as soon as they've been on the market a few months.
    Of course they have their firm favourites, as do all motoring magazines.

Having gone through the Auris vs i30 vs Cee'd thread, I just noticed that, I had a poke at what they had to say about the Auris in other scenarios.

e.g They announced at the Auris's launch in Japan, that cars like the Golf, Focus etc should be worried when the Auuris arrives, and now we find that the same crowd think its not even better than a Hyundai or Kia.

The new revamped Focus has been offically launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show:
    11977356132.jpg

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_223030_5.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_223032_5.jpg[/URL]

Not gone myself on some of these mid life facelifts where they put the new corporate nose on an existing design. In most cases it just doesn't go well.

Hardly radical is it?

Hardly radical is it?

Indeed. Typical mid life model facelift.

There is a video of it somewhere on the autoexpress website and from the side the new Mondeo style front looks very out of proportion with the rest of the car.

Kuga looks a bit more ground breaking. I may have a look at one of these when the time comes.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/210245/ford_kuga.html

Kuga looks a bit more ground breaking. I may have a look at one of these when the time comes.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/210245/ford_kuga.html

Big improvement on the Fusion anyway.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote:
    Not gone myself on some of these mid life facelifts where they put the new corporate nose on an existing design. In most cases it just doesn't go well.

Indeed it doesn't, and next time Ford when you do facelift a model, don't put the number plate surround from a PERVIOUS generation car on it.(number plate surround looks exactly the same as the Mk1 Focus)

It looks better from the front, but from any other angle it still looks dull. It even looks wrong when you have one of those photos that shows the front and side of the car at the same time.

The nice thing about facelift models is that they usually improve the standard spec and sort out the interior. I personally dislike the "corporate nose" philosophy, particularly the current Peugeot range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭TCollins

I like it.
    When will they be available here? For January?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

E92 wrote:
    It looks better from the front, but from any other angle it still looks dull. It even looks wrong when you have one of those photos that shows the front and side of the car at the same time.

I don't know why ford departed from the radical design of the Mk1. It sold well, so well that the only "facelift" it really got was 2 slightly different bumpers... and it still looks fresher than the Mk2 IMO.*

* Saloon excluded!

I think they just wanted to be German for a while!

colm_mcm wrote:
    The nice thing about facelift models is that they usually improve the standard spec and sort out the interior.

Hopefully Ford will find it in their decency to fit aircon to the Focus LX; only 6 years after Ford in the UK fitted it to the Focus LX.

Aircon was standard on the old Mondeo LX too!

And the one before that too(eventually: 00 Mondeo Mk2s had it)!

I'm guessing the will, as the Golf has it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement