Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Beer

Options
  • 30-08-2007 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

I hope you don't think this as spam as I do work for the company (Mods feel free to delete if necessary)

The new Milano restaurant in Hanover Quay won't have a restaurant license (needed to sell beer) until at least 12th Sept which means from when it opens this weekend until then they are giving the beer away. They have the license for wine and spirits though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

What's the catch? One beer with a meal? Or can i just walk in and pick up a crate? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I don't know of any limit ( I'll try and find out for you) although I think a meal would be required. The manager was almost in tears on the phone when I set the prices to 0.00

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hmmm the 12th of sept is only a few weeks away. Could you not have just waited and sold the beer?
    On the other hand.. its a great way to get bums on seats. Free beer with every meal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

MattKid wrote:
    I don't know of any limit... The manager was almost in tears on the phone when I set the prices to 0.00

Matt, you are a legend

Suggestion 1: Matt to be nominated as Boardsie of the Month

Suggestion 2: Boards Beers to be organised for Milanos before Sept 12

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

This exact same thing happened to a new hotel that opened in Galway around 5 years ago, my brother in law was the manager and they had a full residents bar for nearly 3 weeks ad weren't able to charge a cent. They were already booked for the first couple of weeks so couldn't increase the room costs to compensate.. The owner took a big hit that month!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,613 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

pity the food isnt upto scratch! cheap and cheerful tho!

Advertisement