Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

e90 vs n93i vs 8600 Luna

• 30-08-2007 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

I'm using an n93 now, having come from a string of 40 Nokia phones over the last 13 years, and the most recent having been an n90. I was until recently delighted with the n93, it's optical zoom, and the form factor, until it started to turn off, and when people phone me, they hear my phone ringing, but nothing happens on my phone until about 5 seconds later when eventually the handset begins to play the ringtone and display the caller ID. I use my phone for checking eMail using the gmail symbian app, for synchonising with my Google Calendar, for photos, videos, and for administrating the websites I run. Previously on the n90, I had a virtual bluetooth keyboard that made life very easy, but it's not compatible with the n93.

So, the requirements are :
    Bluetooth/Wifi/3G
    Video Calling (I think it's going to become more common)
    Decent web access
    Good quality camera for both stills and movies
    Decent sized buttons for tactile feedback (For example, texting when not looking)

I won't stray from Nokia, as I'm dedicated to the brand, but what can I choose from that's new? The n93i is really floating my boat as it has the same form factor as my own, but so is the e90. The only thing putting me off the e90 is the sheer size of the phone, and the fact that when it's next to your ear on a normal conversation, it looks ridiculous. Taking a photo with it is no where near as elegant as with the n93i either, and it doesn't have optical zoom. However, the n93i seems plasticy compared to the n93, and that's where the e90 wins out ... decisions decisions. And then, there's the 8600 Luna. It has none of the features I want, but it is very desireable ...

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,179 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

wait on the n82 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

I love the 8600, I had it for a month or two.Its got a beautiful feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

The 8600 is a nice phone, but I can't see how it'd be best for wi-fi, the web or video-calling.

I'd go for the E90 I think which is more than capable of doing everything you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Just noticed on the Vodafone website that the 9300i is discontinued, and that on the Vodafone UK website they're selling the e90. So, I phoned Vodafone Ireland and asked. They confirmed the e90 will be available on Vodafone in September, so that's my decision made I guess!

Advertisement