Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bray Promenade Parking

Options
  • 30-08-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

2 days ago, like most days for the last years, I parked on Bray promade just up to the left of the barracouda restaurant. People down there will know the whole promenade has a 3 hour limit, however there are 200 approx cars parked everyday by commuters. So anyways, I got a council ticket for parking outside the allowed duration? Anybody else get one, what did they do about it?
    Are the council allowed to select you car at random and leave the other 200 cars? Also its a printed ticket with the date but no time, is that my way out of coughing up 40 euros?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

There are some areas there that are unrestricted I thought... 200 odd commuters without any sort of pay & display ticket though? If they really are commuters, how do they top up the meter? I'd imagine the council would try and snag as many cars as possible to raise more money - if only yours was selected there's probably another reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There are no meters there.

I'd always imagined that the guy who patrols the area has some kind of machine that he types reg numbers into, and then goes along again, 3 hours later and does the same thing. Any cars that are there for more than 3 hours would get flagged and ticketed. This is the way they do it elsewhere. On the other hand, this being the same Bray parking warden who walks straight past cars parked on double yellows or in box junctions on Bray High Street, I wouldn't be surprised if he just relies on memory and just tickets a few cars to keep up his quota until he retires :)

I'd have thought that up as far as the Barracuda, there wouldn't be that many commuters around, so maybe the other cars were genuinely there for less than the allowed limit. I've got a few tickets when parked outside Katie Gallaghers, and I've only been literally 15-30 mins over the limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

call the county council... you were in the barracouda for an hour and a half tell them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Alun wrote:
    There are no meters there.

I'd always imagined that the guy who patrols the area has some kind of machine that he types reg numbers into, and then goes along again, 3 hours later and does the same thing. Any cars that are there for more than 3 hours would get flagged and ticketed. This is the way they do it elsewhere. On the other hand, this being the same Bray parking warden who walks straight past cars parked on double yellows or in box junctions on Bray High Street, I wouldn't be surprised if he just relies on memory and just tickets a few cars to keep up his quota until he retires :)

I'd have thought that up as far as the Barracuda, there wouldn't be that many commuters around, so maybe the other cars were genuinely there for less than the allowed limit. I've got a few tickets when parked outside Katie Gallaghers, and I've only been literally 15-30 mins over the limit.

so the question is as the 3hr limit is signposted up as far as the harbour with the exception of the tiny car park, and is full end to end each morning, where's their cut of point for fining? As I said, I've been parking there for years, so why this week?
    Second question, is a parking ticket legit if there is no time on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Alun wrote:
    I'd always imagined that the guy who patrols the area has some kind of machine that he types reg numbers into, and then goes along again, 3 hours later and does the same thing. Any cars that are there for more than 3 hours would get flagged and ticketed. This is the way they do it elsewhere.
    How could he be sure that the car has not moved in the meantime and come back at a later stage to the same spot thus starting his 3 hour time limit again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Bluetonic wrote:
    How could he be sure that the car has not moved in the meantime and come back at a later stage to the same spot thus starting his 3 hour time limit again?

excellent point, I did, eh, move it during that time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭calsatron

Wouldn't work I'm afraid. The rules are that after the 3hr period the car has to move and can't return to the same street for at least 1hr to start another 3hr stint.

You could probably argue that you moved it but you could well struggle saying that you moved it for an hour. Worth a bash though.

Advertisement