Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I have it on Steam too. Still crashes if you play for a few hours.

Could be a Vista thing. I read they included a beta version of the .net framework that messes up Vista but I don't know if that was patched. Probably not if nobody else has problesm.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Could be Vista - I use XP and have very few problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Could be Vista - I use XP and have very few problems.

I play mine on vista, and with over 150 hrs gameplay I have very few problems with the game (even with all four dlc installed and about 15 mods active it runs very well)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Any one got Mothership Zeta yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

silvine wrote: »

I wasn't aware its out, I might pick it up as I'v started to play it again now.

Hows Point lookout?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Point Lookout is great. A big improvement over the other add-ons. It's fairly funny at times and the double-barrelled shotgun is great (takes me back to Doom).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

humanji wrote: »
    Point Lookout is great. A big improvement over the other add-ons. It's fairly funny at times and the double-barrelled shotgun is great (takes me back to Doom).
    It's also more like Fallout3's main game in that it's a (fairly) big, open world with lots of locations, quests and easter eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Sounds pretty good!

Now all I need is to win 10,000 MS points on 1 v 100 and I'm all set.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

Wait. When's Broken Steel out on PS3?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

silvine wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother according to Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fallout-3-mothership-zeta-review

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I got it today and played through it in about 3 hours. It's pretty poor and i'd advise not getting it.

It's dissappointing to think the DLC ends with this poor offering. I had a bad feeling about it when i heard it would be set on a spaceship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Yes, Fallout 3 is still buggy for me. Paladin Hoss in now following me in the Mothership Zeta dlc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Not impressed with the unique weapons, and it was far too linear.

Point lookout was much better, more interesting enemies, locations, exploration etc. I knew this would be linear, but jaysus, the same enemies again and again.. and again.

Some stand out moments, but feck all.

If the dlc affected the main game a bit more, maybe you could zap the enclave from space or something, new enemies on the ground, anything.

Overall, not the best DLC, I prefered Anchorage for example, was more interesting, and much more interesting items that end up changing how you play the rest of the game.
    Stealth armor for example, the knock down effect of the gauss gun, you have new tactics with these items.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

What order should you play the DLC if you have not finished the main quest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I've it on pc too, non-Steam and it crashes bunches. Tbh not much of a bother, load times are so freaking fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

quattro777 wrote: »
    What order should you play the DLC if you have not finished the main quest?
    Not sure about the Pitt or Operation anchorage, but both Point Lookout and MotherShip Zeta can be played at any time once installed. You can travel back and forth from point lookout, but once you start MZ you have to complete it before returning the the Capital Wasteland.

Broken Steel is a continuation of the main game, once installed though it releases leveling up to level 30 from early on. Also add new enemies early in the game if you reach high levels without playing alot of teh main story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Pitt and Anchorage are both playable at any time once installed. Anchorage you have to play through to the end (so keep a savegame from right before) while the Pitt you have to play through the storyline, but you can travel back and forth once that's done.

Interestingly, level 21+ are pre-programmed either in the original, or in the Pitt and Anchorage and if you feel the need, on the pc at least you can boost past 20 without BS using the console commands. Afaik there's a mod to unlock it and/or track your projected xp so that you can level without cheating (sort of) if you don't have BS

Edit: I'm on a 3 Modem so no dl'ing for me. Can't wait to be able to buy the next three DLCs

I'm trying to get my hands on high res images of a box of mentats from in game, head on images of each side, to stitch together in photoshop into a printable form to make some real life props.

Basically, a printscreen capture of each face of the box will do, or if any of you are more tech savvy, and direct copy of the skin files themselves from the directory.

I asked on the dedicated Fallout modder forum nexus, but well, they were less than helpful.

My fellow boardsies on the other hand, I know they'll sort me out :D

So guys, printscreens will be a great starting point for me to do a good photoshop stitch job, game files even better, and I will share the final file.

Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

I'm trying to get my hands on high res images of a box of mentats from in game, head on images of each side, to stitch together in photoshop into a printable form to make some real life props.

Sounds interesting. May I ask What are you making?:D

So far.... a box of mentats! :D

Along the lines I hope to make an airsoft 10mm pistol, maybe a few of the other guns, and boxes to leave around the apartment, they'd be easiest to make, but so far, mentats for storing my hedex tablets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

sounds pretty cool ,dont forget to post pics ! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Along the lines I hope to make an airsoft 10mm pistol, maybe a few of the other guns, and boxes to leave around the apartment, they'd be easiest to make, but so far, mentats for storing my hedex tablets.

Sounds cool, have you seen these ?

http://kotaku.com/5327976/the-pause-that-irradiates

http://kotaku.com/5325140/litter-your-room-with-authentic-fallout-3-junk

3763409669_c0de01047b.jpg

504x_custom_1232819244127_nuka2.jpg

504x_custom_1232819234029_nuka3.jpg

CC

Managed to get a very crude skin off the net for the mentats box, but the quality is very very low, I'm hoping the in game render will be better than what I got, which is a gary's mod conversion anyway, so not a direct from the game skin.

Thanks for links above, will have a look now. :)

Edit: Below is what I have so far, not much to look at yet.

Heh heh heh,There some great Idea's man,especially the part with the airsoft pistol:D! Good luck with it! Be sure to post pics!

CombatCow wrote: »

3763409669_c0de01047b.jpg

Hey, where did you get those nuka cola caps?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Damn!!

I play it on PC and very very rarely experience any crashes or bugs. I'd say in over 150 hours of gameplay it might have crashed maybe 3 or 4 times.

Anyone Else Getting DLC specific Crashes? i can go to the Pitt fine and Anchorage was great, but i can't stay in point lookout for more than 5 minutes without a crash. even if i just go into a room and don't move..

Damn!! wrote: »
    Anyone Else Getting DLC specific Crashes? i can go to the Pitt fine and Anchorage was great, but i can't stay in point lookout for more than 5 minutes without a crash. even if i just go into a room and don't move..

Delete the DLC, clear your cache and re-download it.

It should be a newer version, and be clean, sorted my issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ok sorry for the bump, I'm finally getting around to starting this game. Should last me through the winter.

I have it installed with all the DLC packs and the HD texture pack installed.

Quick question. Should I enable the DLC packs from the start? Or should I complete it first before enabling the DLC packs? Does it make a difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Because you have the DLC installed its gonna be automatically enabled when you start the game. Enjoy :)

CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Ok sorry for the bump, I'm finally getting around to starting this game. Should last me through the winter.

I have it installed with all the DLC packs and the HD texture pack installed.

Quick question. Should I enable the DLC packs from the start? Or should I complete it first before enabling the DLC packs? Does it make a difference?

I envy you. I played that game to death.

Advertisement