Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll go with option 1 thanks.

Also, i've heard a rumour that it may already be leaked to the Compu-Global-Hyper-Mega-Net...any truth to this? Shirley it cant be serious.

It has, and don't call me Shirley.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The move to fps and bloody p/reviews stating that the aiming and movement were lack lustre isnt exactly comforting.

If you are going to point and shoot, for a potentially looong game, that pointing and shooting had best not be a pain in the ass.

But I'm hopeful none the less.

+plus 1 to roll on the 31st, after mercs 2, bought, cleared and sold in a couple of days, I'm bloody itching to play a proper game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Fallout 3 has been leadked online. first impressions arent favourable from alot of people, theyre saying it feels very lifeless, and is essentially just oblivion with guns. The terrible voice acting and lack of any facial expressions from oblivion is still in place too, apparrently

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Any links to these leaked reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Yep. I've been googling around to find discussions on the leaked copies. No dice.

link-ify us.

• Advertisement

http://www.grcade.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=362&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=180

also saw it on /v/ on 4chan but wont link to that here

edit:
    there is only one guy there who seems to have it, as i said all the proper discussion i was of it was on /v/ but for obvious reasons you cant link to that here

thanks. I'm liking that forum. Might give it a daily visit if the games forum here keeps going downhill.

quarryman wrote: »
    thanks. I'm liking that forum. Might give it a daily visit if the games forum here keeps going downhill.

No probs, yeah its a great forum, the off topic section is even more entertaining than the games section at times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I can't understand why so many people seem to hate Oblivion. It wasn't perfect but it was a good game all the same. I for one have no problem if Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

silvine wrote: »
    I can't understand why so many people seem to hate Oblivion. It wasn't perfect but it was a good game all the same. I for one have no problem if Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns.
    Me neither, but I honestly thought they would have refined the engine and mechanics a little. Instead they've just done what looks like a mod to be honest.

• Advertisement

silvine wrote: »
    I can't understand why so many people seem to hate Oblivion.

it was a overhyped and very average game, that's why.

Not for me it wasn't. If i was to list my games in order of hours played then Oblivion is up near the top.

I'd be happy enough with Oblivion with guns, as long as they fixed the stupid levelling system (ie enemies and loot level with you).

Live stream here:
    http://smotri.com/live/psfan/

its like watching Oblivion with a futuristic theme.

hmmm, i was hoping it would be LITTLE more different than that.

Not for me it wasn't. If i was to list my games in order of hours played then Oblivion is up near the top.

Apparently, you spend something like 6 years of your life either on the bog or stuck in traffic.
    My point being just because you do something a lot doesn't mean it's good.

But seriously, Oblivion was a very well designed and populated 10 square foot of game, copy and pasted a billion times.
    Also, the voice acting was hideous.
    I'd be happy enough with Oblivion with guns, as long as they fixed the stupid levelling system (ie enemies and loot level with you).

Oblivion with guns is already out, it's called S.T.A.L.K.E.R. And it's glorious.

But i think they half-fixed the leveling thing, how it works currently is that enemies in an area have a level range (say 5-10) if you go in there at level 2, they'll be level 5, go in at 5 they'll be about 5-6, go in at 10 and they'll be 9-10, go in at level twenty they'll still be level 10.
    Or so my understanding of it goes.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I don't agree with that at all. It's a fantastic game but the leveling system absolutely ruined it for me.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Apparently the game has already leaked onto torrent sites just a few days after going gold. The PC isn't the bad guy this time thank god - it's the Xbox360 version.

Maximilian wrote: »
    Apparently the game has already leaked onto torrent sites just a few days after going gold. The PC isn't the bad guy this time thank god - it's the Xbox360 version.

eh, welcome to 9am this morning :)

Been watching that stream a bit. Seems like there's plenty of load screens, grrr. That was something that ruined a bit of the immerision in Oblivion for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Oblivion with guns is already out, it's called S.T.A.L.K.E.R. And it's glorious.

Yeah it's cool. You've got 4 or 5 different factions and you can join them all and do quests that they give you. You can level up and every time you do you find better and better weapons and armours etc. It's not linear at all. You can go where you want, do what you want and ....hang on a second. Stalker was great, atmospheric, scary at times and overall good fun but not the game it was intended to be. Neither glorious nor Oblivion with guns. I loved Oblivion and really liked Stalker. So sue me.

musician wrote: »
    So sue me.

I will not. However i will challenge you to a duel.
    Spaceships at dawn, sir.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I will not. However i will challenge you to a duel.
    Spaceships at dawn, sir.

Stalker crashes at dawn doesn't it? :)

Stalker crashes

Fixed that sentence for you :)

eh, welcome to 9am this morning :)

In one of the peasant console forums? I frequent not such places. Now fetch me my coffee, young man and fix my watch.

In one of the peasant console forums? I frequent not such places.

no, this thread. 9:07am.

there was another thread, but i think it was in:

Games -> xbox -> 360 -> Elite -> Leaked games -> Apocalyptic themed games -> fallout 3 -> general discussion.
    Now fetch me my coffee, young man and fix my watch.

I would but its just a picture of a watch that you drew on your wrist with a biro. Nothing i can do.

Stalker crashes at dawn doesn't it? :)

For that, i won't send a ham to your widow.

(also, stalker is stable now and eleventy billion times better than Oblivion)

I would but its just a picture of a watch that you drew on your wrist with a biro. Nothing i can do.

Egad! Stop! Thief!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I don't agree with that at all. It's a fantastic game but the leveling system absolutely ruined it for me.

QFT

Avoiding sleeping in a bed shouldn't be a preferable tactic in a supposedly immersing game.
    The pc mods to fix it are well received, but it was a bit of a stupid system to begin with.

Oblivion, with guns, WITHOUT the levelling system sounds good to me.

It will be somewhere between good and great, and bear in mind the very critical eye this game is going to be viewed with, so initial impressions may be taken with a pinch of salt.

The first review, well an "almost-review" is in & it's quite negative; it really sounds like a bad Oblivion mod at this stage :(
    http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=45725

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

lol I wouldnt read anything that comes from MNA they are all insane fallout fanboys who cant be objective in the slightest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm not going to pay any attention to early previewers who begin by bitching about the developer's desire to keep the lid on a beta copy. How can he pass judgement on a game that isn't finished when he played it?

I'll wait for the usual suspects and the metascore.

Advertisement