Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

dreamers75 wrote: »
    srsly avoid the main mission, the game can be completed in an hour.

just go walking /running from bigger ****. The game is more about the world then the shoddy main quest and if you complete the main quest without having the DLC the game is over kinda sorta.

Go meet the people and kill them

nah i plan on starting again and going on my own way from the vault.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Some screenshots of where I'm at in Fallout 3 atm. Just completed most of the missions in Point Lookout (great expansion actually)

99716.jpg

99717.jpg

99718.jpg

99719.jpg

99720.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone buy the GOTY Edition after already having the original? Did the game need to install again? Are the saves compatible etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

DO NOT ASSUME STEAMBACKUP TAKES YOUR SAVEGAMES.

*swears profusely*

*swears again*

Looks like I am starting from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

noodler wrote: »
    Anyone buy the GOTY Edition after already having the original? Did the game need to install again? Are the saves compatible etc?

got mine in the post today for 30 euro off ebay.

Hadn't played the original in about 8 months, still had my saves. No install and i continued my game. after a few mins of play all the quests came up on the screen.

PS3 version

• Advertisement

hmmm although it loads my files... it won't allow me to save. it isn't highlighted. When i travel, sleep or wait it doesn't auto save. Can anyhone help?

After spending 40 hours worth in the old game, i'd be gutted if i couldn't continue on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah it's part of the copy protection to stop people sharing save games, If i got your save file I would have that same issue. pain in the arse, i got the GOTY and had to start all over again. PS3 aswell btw.

CC

Thats disappointing. Guess i'll have to start again so..

In the 40 or so hours i played, i didn't meet any of those behemoth mutants or the dog you find... Where do you find the dog?

Any advice on what perks i should start with?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Some screenshots of where I'm at in Fallout 3 atm. Just completed most of the missions in Point Lookout (great expansion actually)

99716.jpg

99717.jpg

99718.jpg

99719.jpg

99720.jpg

Nice pics!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tok9 wrote: »
    Thats disappointing. Guess i'll have to start again so..

In the 40 or so hours i played, i didn't meet any of those behemoth mutants or the dog you find... Where do you find the dog?

Any advice on what perks i should start with?

From what I can remember you find the dog in the dump place cant remember the name of it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

you find him in a scrap yard not to far from vault 101 to the north west i think? he's a giant pain in the nuts though i killed him by mistake while in vats mode due to him jumping in front of the plasma bolts i wasnt even targeting him :|

bizmark wrote: »
    you find him in a scrap yard not to far from vault 101 to the north west i think? he's a giant pain in the nuts though i killed him by mistake while in vats mode due to him jumping in front of the plasma bolts i wasnt even targeting him :|

The scrape yard.........thats the word I was trying to think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

have to say, I am very very let down by this game, Just dont like the feel of it, And the look of the game is so out dated!

Personally i recommend you play something else!

Bahahahaaa.

Blazher wrote: »
    have to say, I am very very let down by this game, Just dont like the feel of it, And the look of the game is so out dated!

Have you tried the HD texture pack?

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/games/fallout-3-pc-gets-a-fan-made-hd-texture-pack

I mean I'm a bit of a graphical snob, but I have to say I'm loving the look and feel of this game. More than anything else the atmosphere and audio is superb. On more than a few occasions I've nearly jumped out of my seat by the sudden scurrying sound of a molerat jumping at me from behind

Some more screen:

Just catching the breeze with an old friend

99934.jpg

99935.jpg

What are they making me do?

99936.jpg

99937.jpg

99938.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

wish i was playing the game for the first time again :(

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Hey Leimr0d you using the HD texture pack yourself. If so whats the performance hit like?

fallout.jpg

First time I ever came across this fella

Azza wrote: »
    Hey Leimr0d you using the HD texture pack yourself. If so whats the performance hit like?

Haven't noticed any difference in performance. I've never played it without the texture pack though. I have everything maxed out @ 1920x1200 and it runs great on my 4870x2

Have you tried the HD texture pack?

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/games/fallout-3-pc-gets-a-fan-made-hd-texture-pack

I mean I'm a bit of a graphical snob, but I have to say I'm loving the look and feel of this game. More than anything else the atmosphere and audio is superb. On more than a few occasions I've nearly jumped out of my seat by the sudden scurrying sound of a molerat jumping at me from behind

Some more screen:

Just catching the breeze with an old friend

Now. I got to say that looks nice. I was look looking in the config file and online for a way to make it look better, But never came across the HD pack. To be honest it was the main reason i couldn't get in to it. It just felt so dated.

Another problem is the mouse pointer. There is a lot of lag with it, I found some fixs or so call fixs online but they dont work.

Did you ever short the delay in the mouse/Corsair.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nice pics!

Please don't quote pics

Did you ever short the delay in the mouse/Corsair.

V.A.T.S :D

Yeah the pointer is a problem. I really don't like aiming with it. But I've found that the problem seems to decrease as you increase your skill level and the repair of your weapons. For example, my energy weapon skill is near 100 now and I keep most of those weapons nearly always at 100% repaired, aiming with them isn't really an issue any more.

The soggy mouse control is impacted by your own skill level and experience. It isn't an FPS where you are just given godlike aiming, you have to earn it.

Most of the time my method for killing badguys is to run right up to them with a double barrelled shotgun and blow their head off. Works most of the time (except against those Super Mutant Overlords, who you'll encounter in the wastelands if you enable the "Broken Steel" expansion)

V.A.T.S :D

Yeah the pointer is a problem. I really don't like aiming with it. But I've found that the problem seems to decrease as you increase your skill level and the repair of your weapons. For example, my energy weapon skill is near 100 now and I keep most of those weapons nearly always at 100% repaired, aiming with them isn't really an issue any more.

The soggy mouse control is impacted by your own skill level and experience. It isn't an FPS where you are just given godlike aiming, you have to earn it.

Most of the time my method for killing badguys is to run right up to them with a double barrelled shotgun and blow their head off. Works most of the time (except against those Super Mutant Overlords, who you'll encounter in the wastelands if you enable the "Broken Steel" expansion)

haha, Yes, I was just looking around and i came across two Super Mutant Overlords. One of them had a RPG. I ran up point blank and used that VATS. I had a shotgun but after 5 shots to the head it was still up. MY shotgun broke so i had to finish them with a Pistol :(

On a side note. How did you build your Toon

My skills are

Repair
    Small Arms
    Sneak

And peak is Gun Nut. I am only like lvl 3.

Would you recommend, Small arms or Energy weapon.

Cheers

little bit of everything really. Mostly weapons. I've also got close to full repair, science and medicine. With the level 30 unlock you can pretty much get most of the skills close to max, when you factor in the books that buff your skills also (get the special that gives you 2 skills points per book asap)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

haha, Yes, I was just looking around and i came across two Super Mutant Overlords. One of them had a RPG. I ran up point blank and used that VATS. I had a shotgun but after 5 shots to the head it was still up. MY shotgun broke so i had to finish them with a Pistol :(

My skills are

Repair
    Small Arms
    Sneak

And peak is Gun Nut. I am only like lvl 3.

Would you recommend, Small arms or Energy weapon.

Cheers
    Small Arms > Energy Weapons especially early on. There are few energy weapons unless you horse straight into the far end of the storyline mission that it's not worth while.
    I think I took Sneak, Lockpicking and Medicine with Speech and Small Arms as my secondaries pretty much until I maxed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Definitely get that perk where you get two skill points per book early on. I think you can get it at level 4. One of the most useful perks.

(Wow, 100 pages!)

Small Arms! Sniping headshots FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JBUCD

I love this game. Didn't get any of the DLC. I wish they had some more memorable quests like in Oblivion. None of the quests will stood out. But still a brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

CombatCow wrote: »
    Yeah it's part of the copy protection to stop people sharing save games, If i got your save file I would have that same issue. pain in the arse, i got the GOTY and had to start all over again. PS3 aswell btw.

CC

Aw for the love of god. So they aren't compatible?

I don't want to start again ffs.

Silly mofos etc. Guess they have the last laugh with their ridiculously priced DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

What about the PC version - can I use my old saves if I get the GOTYE?

Seems only the PS3 has this problem. Seems very daft to me. What's wrong with trading around saves?

Advertisement