Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭emmetcummins

So is the game any good?? Might get it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

So is the game any good?? Might get it

Well I think 101 pages probably indicates something - but it depends on the types of game you like. It's a cross between an RPG and FPS. Not pure FPS, since your aim depends on the RPG elements.

I enjoyed it anyway - the storyline wasn't superb, but it's definitely one of the most enjoyable games I've played (i.e., good "gameplay"). The main storyline is short, the original ended with the main story arc, but the game of the year (GOTY) edition allows you to continue and includes all the official DLCs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Monotype wrote: »
    what's wrong with trading around saves?

It would make trophies / cheesement's worthless as you could simply load a save at the point before you get an achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. They're worthless to me anyway. I play the game to enjoy it, not to show off to others how well I've played it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

(Wow, 100 pages!)
    Well I think 101 pages

You need to up your posts per page setting dude. Only 38 pages for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Jesus Christ, just stuck the GOTY edition in the PS3.

The bloody noise of the disc reading. BR laser is going at a rate of knots and the load times between areas have tripled.

WTF?

I can at least save though.

EDIT: Theres actually a scratch on the disc, may explain the excessive laser noise. Only opened the game theree but have had it around a month from Zavvi already. Crap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I'm pretty close to the end of the game now. After
    my father died
    I realized the game was starting to snowball, leading up to some finale so I checked online and I'm right at the end of the game (the main campaign really is short)

So, I decided to explore the wastes some more before wrapping the main quest. I got the perk that unlocks all the locations on the map and have been travelling to them 1 by 1 to see what's there. Kinda disappointed by the lack of quests tbh. At most of the locations I'm finding very few NPC's and the ones I do find don't have any quests for me (I'm currently collecting Nuka Cola Quantum for a collector :rolleyes:)

Anyway, here are a few more screens:

If you've played operation anchorage you may recognize this. The photo being taken here ends up becoming the monument on top of the Operation: Anchorage memorial.

101111.jpg

Oh yeah, I've recruited Star Paladin Cross as a companion and equipped her with a flamer and a Heavy Incinerator. She's pretty good, although I wish I could make the NPC's shut up. My OH thinks I'm saying it to her some times when I'm playing the game but I'm actually just saying "shut up!" to the NPC, lol :D. She has this especially irritating habit of saying "I have a feeling I've been here before" every single time you go back to somewhere you've been before. I mean merely walking out the door and then going straight back in again will cause he to say this *grr* Oh yeah... and my gnome collection at Megaton :D

101114.jpg

101112.jpg

101113.jpg

101115.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bought this very cheap over Christmas for the PS3.. haven't even got a chance to play it!

Must do it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

cool screenies leim

lol at the deathclaw pic - 'detected', ya reckon? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

noodler wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, just stuck the GOTY edition in the PS3.

The bloody noise of the disc reading. BR laser is going at a rate of knots and the load times between areas have tripled.

WTF?

I can at least save though.

EDIT: Theres actually a scratch on the disc, may explain the excessive laser noise. Only opened the game theree but have had it around a month from Zavvi already. Crap

Wait till you see the lag in Operation: Anchorage :eek: :mad::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Completed Broken Steel, if i get bored enough i might DL Anchorage today.. (As of last ngiht i'm completely snowed in)

Must play this again. Played through it 3 times already but it's been long enough for me for it to be fresh again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

You guys need Terminators.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I cant find the G'N'R building,the marker on the map is leading me to subway station,do I have to go through it to get to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I cant find the G'N'R building,the marker on the map is leading me to subway station,do I have to go through it to get to it?
    As far as i remember yes, when you come out you should meet some Brotherhood soldiers fighting the mutants, when that's done with they'll lead you the the G'N'R.

Indeed you do. Once you get to downtown DC all your travelling is done underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Must play this again. Played through it 3 times already but it's been long enough for me for it to be fresh again.
    Same as this, the screenshots in this thread have me itching to give it another go, even though I've played through it twice before. I haven't played all the DLCs though so they might add a bit more this time round.

My god, the GOTY appears to be practically unplayable on the PS3.

Jesus can these idiots QA anything?

Has anybody here got the DLC digital content rather than on a disc? Does it run any better?

It is horrific aright, the DLC actually tarnishes the good name of Fallout 3

I hear there's no difference between downloading it and the disc :confused:

CC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What's the problem exactly?
    I have the GOTY edition for the PS3 and playing the main scenario, no probs, does the built in DLC have issues?
    And what are they?

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What's the problem exactly?
    I have the GOTY edition for the PS3 and playing the main scenario, no probs, does the built in DLC have issues?
    And what are they?

A quick google on PS3 Fallout 3 GOTY bugs will give you all you want Cidarman.

Can I ask if you used an old Fallout 3 save with the GOTY edition? Or did you start from scratch on GOTY?

I actually only turned on the the goty edition yesterday, first off the PS3 laser was going nuts(not sure if that was due to the scratch on the disc in fairness that I mentioned a few posts back) but it took an age to load the game then it took an age to move between areas.

I just turned it off at that stage.

I wonder if uninstalling the old version and installing the GOTY version would help.

Yeah if you check the official forums too there awash with problems, from extreme lag and game freezes/crashes. I kinda wish I never played the DLC, Point lookout is the best of a bad bunch imho. And yeah it's just the DLC sections that have major problems.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I have fallen in with this game, I think it's amazing.

Playing the PS3 GOTY edition and I've had no problems with it so far, besides kinda long loading times, but ya get over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

So, had a revelationary experience today.
    Was in a coffee shop on Abbey St (3FE, godly coffee btw) and on came the "Maybe" song... I thought the Barista (who's hot, and Norwegian, even more reason to visit) had ripped it from the game, or bought the soundtrack or osmething, but no!
    Turns out all the music is real, even the mad song about the butcher guy going around chopping people up.
    Absolutely nuts! :pac:

Nevore wrote: »
    So, had a revelationary experience today.
    Was in a coffee shop on Abbey St (3FE, godly coffee btw) and on came the "Maybe" song... I thought the Barista (who's hot, and Norwegian, even more reason to visit) had ripped it from the game, or bought the soundtrack or osmething, but no!
    Turns out all the music is real, even the mad song about the butcher guy going around chopping people up.
    Absolutely nuts! :pac:

? Duh?

Nah seriosuly did you think they wrote and produced the songs for the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

noodler wrote: »
    ? Duh?

Nah seriosuly did you think they wrote and produced the songs for the game?
    I knew some of them were real, but yeah, thought the mad butcher song and a couple of the others were written and produced for it. :o

I knew some of them were real, but yeah, thought the mad butcher song and a couple of the others were written and produced for it. :o

I admit the Butcher Pete song sounds weird for something that wasn't written as a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Turns out all the music is real

:confused: I can't believe you've never heard that music before? That song "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire" gets used all over the place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Absolutly perfect song for Fallout as well.

I started playing through this again recently, with a **** ton of mods installed and i'm loving it all over again. Much, much harder this time around, but there are some fantastic additions. Much better health system, better combat, tougher more varied enemies, and much much more. Anyone who thiks mods are not an important part of pc gaming needs to play some of these.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

L31mr0d wrote: »
    :confused: I can't believe you've never heard that music before? That song "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire" gets used all over the place.

Its a intro on a megadeth song.

Advertisement