Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Kiith wrote: »
    Absolutly perfect song for Fallout as well.

I started playing through this again recently, with a **** ton of mods installed and i'm loving it all over again. Much, much harder this time around, but there are some fantastic additions. Much better health system, better combat, tougher more varied enemies, and much much more. Anyone who thiks mods are not an important part of pc gaming needs to play some of these.

Fancy sharing a few examples/links? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

L31mr0d wrote: »
    :confused: I can't believe you've never heard that music before? That song "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire" gets used all over the place.
    that was one of the one's I recognised. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fancy sharing a few examples/links? :)
    I'm in work atm, but i will post a list of what i have installed when i get home tomorrow. All the mods can be found at http://www.fallout3nexus.com/ or http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums (official forums).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

My Da used to sing "Civilisation" for me when I was a wee 'un, so I knew that that song at least was real. I downloaded the collection a few months ago. I've never seen it available anywhere except as a part of an expensive collector's edition of the game.

iTunes have ... 6 of the songs for a euro or so each, as a collection, and have all the others as part of individual albums from the respective artists. :)

Oh, and small tangent, Saw the road last night, it was pretty Fallout-esque.

• Advertisement

Okay, here's a question regarding the PC version of the game:

Last summer I downloaded a copy of Fallout 3. From looking at various memory keys, I think I had the 1.7 patch installed. I was enjoying the game and making progress and then my laptop gave up. I managed to get my Saves folder off it. At Christmas I got the Game of the Year Edition. Which version should I install? Are there compatibility issues between the standalone edition and the GotY edition?

AFAIK save games from the original don't work with the GoTY edition. Not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Not sure what the story is on the PC but on the PS3, I bought the GOTY edition which didn't need any additional install (cos the original was already installed) and it loaded my last save file and I was then able to save.

However the game crawled.

I wonder if there is anything I can do, uninstall the old version and install the GOTY one or simply start again from scratch.

Just thought that I'd answer my own question here for anyone else who wants to know.

Save games work with the Game of the Year Edition on my PC. As previously mentioned, I'd downloaded this game last summer and played away on it until my laptop died. Got the GotY Edition at Christmas. I installed it (version 1.07) and then the DLCs. Started playing from a savegame and several popups arrive stating that there's a strange signal...that kind of thing. The DLCs just show up as new quests and away you go.

Biggest regret of my game is
    that I didn't save Lucas Simms. Simply wasn't expecting Mr Burke to do that back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Biggest regret of my game is
    that I didn't save Lucas Simms. Simply wasn't expecting Mr Burke to do that back then.

My 2nd playthrough:

I killed him and pretty much everyone in the town, then went outside and gave the hobo lots of things to get my karma back and then killed him whilst wearing the zombie mask.

I was a bad mofo, killed every single person i came acrossEven installed a mod that let me kill the damn kids. Now if i load up the game i have only randomly spawning enemies to play with. Kinda bored now cant wait to wipe out everyone in vegas :D

• Advertisement

I thought about doing that back when I started playing the game, but I realised that I'd have no one to interact with at all before long. In KOTOR you could go darkside, in fact it was the easier path I felt, but Fallout 3 would be seriously truncated by it. I've never played previous Fallout games, but I've ordered them and will be having a look at them next.

I thought about doing that back when I started playing the game, but I realised that I'd have no one to interact with at all before long. In KOTOR you could go darkside, in fact it was the easier path I felt, but Fallout 3 would be seriously truncated by it. I've never played previous Fallout games, but I've ordered them and will be having a look at them next.

Do it when your done with the game, i had been to every location on 1st go.

Then on 2nd i killed everyone, favourite death move was landmine under the breakfast plate then sit and wait for them to wake up and sit down for breaKABOOM!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I genuinely felt bad last night, it's rare for a game to do that to me.

I went to the Oasis
    and instead of relieving Harold the tree of his torturous existence, I used the lineament to make him grow faster and spread into the wastelands.

As I left I actually felt a feeling of guilt. His existence would literally be a hell on earth for me yet I didn't listen to his pleas.

btw, that's just Star Paladin Cross in the screenshot, talk about photo bombing :pac:

105055.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'm currently on play through 3, my character is now a hand to hand combat focused character.

I tell ye, a powerfist plus a few perks is a dangerous weapon, wham!

Kill him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Anyone know where i can get GOTY edition ( with the mods ) for cheap ?

around dublin.

GAME have it in the Ilac. Only place I saw it tbh, think it was about the 30 mark.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I went to the Oasis
    and instead of relieving Harold the tree of his torturous existence, I used the lineament to make him grow faster and spread into the wastelands.

As I left I actually felt a feeling of guilt. His existence would literally be a hell on earth for me yet I didn't listen to his pleas.

btw, that's just Star Paladin Cross in the screenshot, talk about photo bombing :pac:

105055.jpg

Is that in one of the DLCS?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Is that in one of the DLCS?

nope
    Place called Oasis to the very far north, bit out of the way, someone gives you map marker for it but i'll be damned if i can remember who/where, you can just walk there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nope
    Place called Oasis to the very far north, bit out of the way, someone gives you map marker for it but i'll be damned if i can remember who/where, you can just walk there

ah I see.must check that out.

• Advertisement

ah I see.must check that out.
    I just stumbled across it by accident. Threedog mentions it on one of his broadcasts but I've no idea if you can get the heads up through conversation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I found it - or rather got my first indication about it - via a note I received upon looting a random bandit settlement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I got the perk that unlocks the location to everywhere on the map, I don't think I would of found it otherwise.

Even though I knew where it was and had a marker on it, I still had to do a lap of this big rock to find the small walkway to get in.

I guess if you where passing by it you might stop as there are green shrubs growing outside that look odd when you get used to the brown and grey hues of the wasteland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Even though I knew where it was and had a marker on it, I still had to do a lap of this big rock to find the small walkway to get in.

That lap around the rock and all the time thinking how the fcuk do I get up there , there has to be something cool up there is one of my fondest memories of the game :)

Love it when a game rewards curiosity.
    Burning that stupid tree was the icing on the cake :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

i knew i had oasis on my map but couldn't picture where it was... you mentioning that lap around the ****ing rock brought it home to me. i got sick of that very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

nope

The person in question who has the coordinates to Oasis is at an abandoned/crumbled church to the North West. Close to the Deathclaw Sanctuary and South of Fort Constantine (Fort Constatine is up very north of the map to the North West). The person is a Oasis sniper and will shoot you on sight but once you kill him he has the Coordinates on him plus he has the 'Reservists Rifle' which is a unique Sniper Rifle (3 shot magazine but more powerful)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 studybuddy1

How good is fallout 3 for the pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

How good is fallout 3 for the pc?

Its not just good. Its epic. If you have the pc to handle it and your into fps's, with alot more depth to them than just running and gunning, it will be an unforgettable experience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Plus, mods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Agricola wrote: »
    Its not just good. Its epic. If you have the pc to handle it and your into fps's, with alot more depth to them than just running and gunning, it will be an unforgettable experience.

There is no running and gunning in this to be more precise.

If your looking for a traditional FPS with RPG elements, this ain't it. Its an RPG from a first person point of view. The combat system is less than perfect I found.

Other than an entertaining game if you have the time to put into it but I never did unfortunately.

Advertisement