Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Umm, don't get hit?

But seriously, this should teach you to have several saves.

anyway, Fallout 3 (PC) has been crashtastic for me recently, two most recent crashes are: froze completely (radio still going though along with ambient track) when shooting raider in the head or looting a dead mirelurk.
    as i said ive just started playing it,most games usually refill your health and put you back a bit from where you were,ill learn.got past them in the end after a bit of frustration then it just went a bit crazy,just kept firing or swinging whatever weapon was equipped without me pushing any buttons,seems a bit buggy on ps3 too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

You don't have 40+ mods XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

not sure what you mean by that

cambo2008 wrote: »
    seems a bit buggy on ps3 too

that's what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Just to mention that there is an ongoing forum request for a fallout forum, please click my sig to show your support.

• Advertisement

Can someone give me the BBCode for the support sig?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

1. Edit Signature
    2. Highlight Sig Picture
    3. Click Insert Link (Use the suppurt Thread url)
    4. Save
    5. ???
    6. Profit?!

BBCode is faster, mind just helping me out here?

Don't have the BBCode, Stercus Accidit made the image and I added the link that way.

don't know how to get it that way, go to edit signature, change editor mode, then paste the BBCode within a spoiler tag.

• Advertisement

You've already got the image in your sig, so open Edit Sig in User CP, highlight it (click in the text box and ctra+a) and click the Insert Link button on the menu, a context box will pop up and just copypasta the link into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Polar101

I got the DLC recently, and I've now completed Anchorage and The Pitt. I'm at level 18 - should I try Point Lookout next, or finish the main quest (just missing the last bit there)?

Polar101 wrote: »
    I got the DLC recently, and I've now completed Anchorage and The Pitt. I'm at level 18 - should I try Point Lookout next, or finish the main quest (just missing the last bit there)?
    You have Broken Steel I presume? If you do, go ahead and finish the main quest if that's what you want to do. If you don't, don't. There's loads of other quests to do in the main Wasteland, or head off to Point Lookout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Some interesting mods in this, its a short film style thing aka a machinima done in fallout 3, I thought it was fairly enjoyable.

Looked like the .223 pistol or 14mm pistol from F2 made an appearance.

/adds item to growing list of threads for Fallout forum, namely: Video/Machinima thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've gone back to this game today because I never completed it and I'm waiting on Mass Effect 2 to be patched. I has been 18 months since I played and I've put in 35 hours so far on the save.

I went back to Tenpenny Tower to store some items and rest but I can't find my room. All the beds are marked red as I approach which I think means I can't sleep in them. I'm not sure though.

All the residents seem to be gone to and there are no ghouls living there either.

What floor should my room be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I think you go straight ahead after going in the front door and take the lift.

You monster! You,killed everyone! -sob-

Found it eventually. I took the lift to the top floor and walked around the balcony to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I must get back into this aswel once college is done. Still have a good bit to go in the game I'd say. From what I've played of New Vegas so far I think that this is a much more enjoyable game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Testament1 wrote: »
    I must get back into this aswel once college is done. Still have a good bit to go in the game I'd say. From what I've played of New Vegas so far I think that this is a much more enjoyable game.

I have all 4 dlcs still to play :-|

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Same here. I completed everything (I think) in the game and bought GOTY 6 months ago and still haven't taken it out of the plastic.

I still have all the DLC to do as well. I got it all free with Playstation Plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

just thought i`d post this, it never fails to make me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

started playin it only about 2 weeks ago, finally. have about 45 hours into it, finished the main quest, got the game of the year edition with all 5 expansions for 15.99 preowned in game, great bargain.

so far, only played anchorage and mothership zeta; anchorage is absolute tripe, zeta i haven't finished yet but is just as bad. fallout does not work as a straight up shooter at all.

started playin it only about 2 weeks ago, finally. have about 45 hours into it, finished the main quest, got the game of the year edition with all 5 expansions for 15.99 preowned in game, great bargain.

so far, only played anchorage and mothership zeta; anchorage is absolute tripe, zeta i haven't finished yet but is just as bad. fallout does not work as a straight up shooter at all.

Point lookout and not broken steel, the other one, are the best.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Think you started off with the weakest two, neither are really all that worth playing IMO. My rating of the five DLC pack would probably be

1) Point lookout
    2) The pitt
    3) Broken Steel
    4/5) Who cares:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

marco_polo wrote: »
    Think you started off with the weakest two, neither are really all that worth playing IMO. My rating of the five DLC pack would probably be

1) Point lookout
    2) The pitt
    3) Broken Steel
    4/5) Who cares:p

Agree, lookout is really weird, good few side quests aswell. The pitt is pretty hilarious towards the end, maybe its cause I played with such bad karma :D

Mothership zeta is incredibly rubbish :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Never actually did finish Point Lookout and Zeta. Oh well. Might get round to them...someday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm reverting to an older save now, I'm giving up on Zeta. Crap gameplay, frustrating beyond belief, crap enemies, appalling weapons.....it's actually sullying Fallouts good name in my eyes, and I can't have that. Going to give Point Lookout a go.

Advertisement