Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

With the PSN down I've come back to Fallout 3. Up to the fifty hour mark now. I'm trying to complete the Head of State quest at the moment. I've run into a problem though. I have done every thing that was asked of me and now I just have to meet the character who gave me the quest at the Lincoln Memorial. Trouble is that he hasn't turned up yet.

I'm hoping if I continue playing he will eventually show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

With the PSN down I've come back to Fallout 3. Up to the fifty hour mark now. I'm trying to complete the Head of State quest at the moment. I've run into a problem though. I have done every thing that was asked of me and now I just have to meet the character who gave me the quest at the Lincoln Memorial. Trouble is that he hasn't turned up yet.

Wait 2 days and fast travel to there, that should do it. Failing that check and see if he is camped at the temple of union.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Go into the metro station where you're supposed to meet them, wait at least 24 hours then exit again and they'll all be there. This is a widespread bug and has happened to me on every play-through. The above solution has never failed me.

So I decided while I was waiting on the guy to show up at Lincoln Memorial that I would do some exploring. I finally found Dogmeat. After 50 hours and completing the main quest I thought that I'd never come across him.

He was only with me a little while and then I accidentally found myself in the Mothership Zeta DLC. I was walking toward a crashed UFO. I'd been told before it had some good loot but I never came across it before. I should have known that it would trigger the Zeta DLC.

I've heard some bad things about this DLC. Any idea how long it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

About 3-4 hours if I remember correctly, its just a corridor shooter so theres not much exploring or anything that would make you want to take your time.

Quite a poor dlc but you get a few decent weapons out of it and the epoxy is useful for repairing weapons so collect as much of that as you can

• Advertisement

Harps wrote: »
    About 3-4 hours if I remember correctly
    Harps wrote: »
    Quite a poor dlc but you get a few decent weapons out of it and the epoxy is useful for repairing weapons so collect as much of that as you can

Hmmm, longer than I hoped.

I'll make sure to collect some epoxy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Trouble is that he hasn't turned up yet.

He texted me earlier to say he was stuck in work and would be a bit late. There was a problem in sector 7-G or some such.

I finished Mothership Zeta earlier today. I didn't really enjoy it. I thought it was good fun at the start but there was no variety at all. Just one corridor after another filled with aliens to shoot. There were a couple of challenging sections when the number of enemies chasing you is quite high.

I collected as much of the alien epoxy as I could find. Excellent stuff. I also found the really powerful MPLX Novasurge. Can't wait to stroll around the wasteland with this gun.

I have another Fallout 3 question.

I've just undertaken the Strictly Business quest. I've used the Mesmetron on Red, the doctor from Big Town. Now that she has the collar on I told her to go to Paradise Falls. She just ran off.

Will she get there without me following her?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I Installed Fo3 on my laptop,I'm using windows 7 and it keeps crashing,I can play for maybe 2minutes and then It crashes and have to restart,its really unstable,Is anyone else playing this on windows 7 having the same problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I Installed Fo3 on my laptop,I'm using windows 7 and it keeps crashing,I can play for maybe 2minutes and then It crashes and have to restart,its really unstable,Is anyone else playing this on windows 7 having the same problems?

No problem when I played it, Win7 Profession 64bit.
    game fully patched? latest drivers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Burgo wrote: »
    No problem when I played it, Win7 Profession 64bit.
    game fully patched? latest drivers?

fully patched ya and latest drivers,Its really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Does the laptop meet the min specs for F3?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/analysis.aspx according to this I can,the laptop spec is

Its a sony E series laptop

Intel Core i3 370M / 2.4 GHz Dual-Core,Mobile Intel HM55 Express
    4 GB ram
    512mb ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Have a look at the detail settings - e.g., shadows. Try switching them off a few at a time to see if there's any effect.

Monotype wrote: »
    Have a look at the detail settings - e.g., shadows. Try switching them off a few at a time to see if there's any effect.

I'll try that,I uninstalled it because it was pissing me of so much so much re install.

You might have success with the unofficial patch if the above doesn't work.
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3808#

Do I have to have it fully patched before I install that community patch?

According to the description, it supports version 1.1 and above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I had this problem, here is the solution, should work for you.
    Open up the fallout.ini file in: My Documents\My Games\Fallout3
    Find the line:

bUseThreadedAI=0

change it to:

bUseThreadedAI=1

Add another line after it and insert:

iNumHWThreads=2

This will limit the game to 2 cores and prevent the engine bug from causing the game to freeze.

• Advertisement

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I had this problem, here is the solution, should work for you.

think that did,haven't had a crash yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

I had the CTD issue with FO3 when I reinstalled on a new machine with Win7

A guy had posted on the Steam forums that the fix was to download VLC player.

I did and it hasn't crashed since. Just throwing that option out there in case anyone is still stuck with crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey lads, my GF is finished with Skyrim and is looking for a similar game to play. I recommended Fallout 3 GOTY as I wouldn't mind playing the DLC myself but I'm reading awful stuff on the PS3 version of glitches and freeze problems. I remember when I was playing through FO3 on ps3 before, I had no problems.

Is the GOTY version that bad on ps3?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hey lads, my GF is finished with Skyrim and is looking for a similar game to play. I recommended Fallout 3 GOTY as I wouldn't mind playing the DLC myself but I'm reading awful stuff on the PS3 version of glitches and freeze problems. I remember when I was playing through FO3 on ps3 before, I had no problems.

Is the GOTY version that bad on ps3?

She'll definitely enjoy it,has she new vegas or obvilion?

I have new vegas but didn't get far, I much preferred FO3. I hated Oblivion as well but mostly for it's levelling system. She isn't a big gamer so wanted to suggest something I knew was good. Just was worried it would keep freezing the whole. She got used to it in Skyrim but at least it was patched okay in that.

Ya I heard the ps3 version had it's problems alright but FO3 is such a fun game

Yeah, think i'll just get it hope for the best. Saw thr GOTY on zavvi.com for 16 euro but might look around town for it 2nd hand since all dlc is on the disk. Thanks man.

Yeah, think i'll just get it hope for the best. Saw thr GOTY on zavvi.com for 16 euro but might look around town for it 2nd hand since all dlc is on the disk. Thanks man.

your welcome

After more reading, it looks like the GOTY is a disaster with freezing problems where these were mostly fixed in the original FO3. With that, I ended getting FO3 from Gamesnash for 6.99. Bargain!

I might even play through it again myself. In the 4 times I played through it already, I never found that dog.

• Advertisement

After more reading, it looks like the GOTY is a disaster with freezing problems where these were mostly fixed in the original FO3. With that, I ended getting FO3 from Gamesnash for 6.99. Bargain!

I might even play through it again myself. In the 4 times I played through it already, I never found that dog.

He's in the junkyard if I remember correctly

Advertisement